Ms. Miriam Andreta was a partner in one of the biggest firms in Jakarta before joining W&P. She has thirteen years of experience acting for both foreign and domestic lenders in high profile syndication financing to Indonesian companies (including issuance of bonds and Medium-Term Notes). She also represents reputable foreign investment companies in upstream and downstream Oil and Gas projects, multinational companies (including various Japanese companies) in their investment Indonesia, as well as Indonesian state-owned companies on various legal matters. On Antitrust matters, Ms. Miriam Andreta has been advising both local and foreign companies on various antitrust issues relating to their business, as well as assisting their merger notification process. She is listed as ALB’s Rising Star Indonesia 2019 by Asian Legal Business 2019 and regarded by Asia Business Law Journal 2019 as one of the A-List Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers. She was one of the top 5 finalists for Young Lawyer of the Year category in ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2018 and nominated as Woman Lawyer of the Year category in 2018 of the ALB Indonesia Law Awards.
Ms. Miriam Andreta has significant role and has successfully assisting clients in the following projects:
- Acting for a high profile state-owned company in its financing through in relation to US$ 1,500,000,000 Corporate Loan and US$ 1,137,000,000 Corporate Loan.
- Acting for Lenders in relation to US$ 800,000,000 to an Indonesian coal mining company.
- Assisting a high profile state-owned company in its financing through a series of issuance of Notes in a total amount of US$ 4,750,000,000 pursuant to its US$ 10 billion and US$ 5 billion Global Medium-Term Notes Programs.
- Acting for Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation and Osaka Steel corporation in their investment of more than USD 500 million, where she advises them on the establishment of industrial and marketing companies together with a domestic steel state owned company, their complex shareholding structures, land acquisition and development, construction and licensing matters.
- Representing PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR 7 trillion (USD 550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian bank, including advising and assisting the clients in the structuring complex and sophisticated financing and fundraising structures and the subsequent plan to service of the proposed portfolio loans.
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $ 300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in south Jakarta, where she advises and assists the Clients both from legal and commercial perspectives, particularly in relation to their sophisticated multi layers financing and funding structures and closely work together with them in their joint venture, land acquisition, construction and licensing matters.
- Representing Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings (“Kingsford”), which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer where Kingsford made a tender offer for 20.58% of PT Champion Indonesia shares owned byminority shareholders and the capital infusion implemented by Mitsui and Fujimori Kogyo and merger notification to KPPU.
- Assisting an Indonesian bank in its corporate and capital restructuring through sophisticated structure involving offshore investment.
- Extensively involved in the establishment and start-up operation of the first (pure) downstream Oil and Gas company in Indonesia by a consortium of reputable multinational Oil and Gas companies in Japan, South Korea and Indonesia.
- Advising a German multinational automotive corporation on antitrust matters relating to closed agreement.
- Advising a Japanese manufacturing company on various antitrust law matters, in relation to its establishment of JV, marketing as well as internal guidelines.
Publications and Seminar:
- Supporting Speaker at “Development of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City on 22-24 January 2019, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “6th Annual International Arbitration & Regulatory Summit – Merger Report in Indonesia and the Expected Changes in the Future”, at Hotel Mandarin, Jakarta, on December 6th, 2018.
- Key Note Speaker in Singapore of “Indonesian offshore loan and security interests and rapid growth of Indonesian P2P practices”, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies in 2018.
- Key Note Speaker at “Analytical review of Indonesian Regulations on Merger, Acquisition and Consolidation”, held by the most prestigious Indonesian law online journal Hukumonline in 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria, Indonesia, Mergers and Acquisitions Report International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Banking Regulation, Global Legal Insight (gli), 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria/T.Anggra Syah Reza, The Real Estate Law Review, Fifth Edition, 2016.
- Luky Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Merger Control Survey 2017, International Financial Review, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Eight Edition, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Seventh Edition, 2016.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Sixth Edition, 2015.