Ms. Miriam Andreta was a partner in one of the biggest firms in Jakarta before joining W&P. She has almost fifteen years of experience acting for both foreign and domestic lenders in high profile syndication financing to Indonesian companies. She also represents reputable foreign investment companies in upstream and downstream Oil and Gas projects, multinational companies (including various Japanese companies) in their investment Indonesia, as well as Indonesian state-owned companies on various legal matters. On Antitrust matters, Ms. Miriam Andreta has been advising both local and foreign companies on various antitrust issues relating to their business, as well as assisting their merger notification process.
Ms. Miriam Andreta has significant role and has successfully assisting clients in the following projects:
- Advising Mitsui Co Ltd in its strategic investment in Axiata’s digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia; ADA, an independent digital marketing agency; and Apigate, an application programming interface platform company. Axiata Digital was established in 2013 and has to-date invested in 30 brands in businesses ranging from financial services to digital advertising.
- Representing Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5-billion-yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Representing one of the largest Japanese trading houses in the construction, development and sale of approximately 11,5 Ha apartment consisting of 10 residential towers located at Bekasi, Jawa Barat, through collaboration with Indonesian prominent real property company.
- Acting for Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation and Osaka Steel corporation in their investment of more than USD 500 million, where she advises them on the establishment of industrial and marketing companies together with a domestic steel state owned company, their complex shareholding structures, land acquisition and development, construction and licensing matters.
- Representing PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR 7 trillion (USD 550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian bank, including advising and assisting the clients in the structuring complex and sophisticated financing and fundraising structures and the subsequent plan to service of the proposed portfolio loans.
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $ 300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in south Jakarta, where she advises and assists the Clients both from legal and commercial perspectives, particularly in relation to their sophisticated multi layers financing and funding structures and closely work together with them in their joint venture, land acquisition, construction and licensing matters.
- Representing Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings (“Kingsford”), which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer where Kingsford made a tender offer for 20.58% of PT Champion Indonesia shares owned byminority shareholders and the capital infusion implemented by Mitsui and Fujimori Kogyo and merger notification to KPPU.
Publications and Seminar:
- Supporting Speaker at “Developments of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City, from January 22nd to 24th 2019, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “6th Annual International Arbitration & Regulatory Summit – Merger Report in Indonesia and the Expected Changes in the Future” on December 6th, 2018.
- Keynote Speaker at “Indonesian Offshore Loan and Security Interests and Rapid Growth of Indonesian P2P Practices” in Singapore on November 14th, 2018, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Key Note Speaker at “Analytical review of Indonesian Regulations on Merger, Acquisition and Consolidation”, held by the most prestigious Indonesian law online journal Hukumonline in 2018.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Banking Regulation 2019, Getting The Deal Through, 2019.
- Miriam Andreta/Rainer Faustine Jonathan/Putri Bening Larasati, Merger Control, 8th Edition, Global Legal Insight (GLI), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie, M&A Report 2019, IFLR1000, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan, Banking Regulation 2019 Edition, Global Legal Insight (GLI), 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta,”Interview with”, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 edition.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profiles 2019, 2018/2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, “Belt, Road, Indonesia”, Asian Legal Business, 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria, Indonesia, Mergers and Acquisitions Report IFLR1000, 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan, Indonesian Banking Regulation, Global Legal Insight (GLI), 2018.
- Luky Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Merger Control Survey 2017, International Financial Review, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Eight Edition, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, 7th Edition, 2016.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria, The Real Estate Law Review, Fifth Edition, 2016.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Sixth Edition, 2015.