Walalangi & Partners (W&P) was founded by Mr. Luky I. Walalangi as a corporate law firm, and the firm is widely acknowledged by its clients for its swift responsiveness, thorough analysis as well as comprehensive and out-of-the-box legal solutions and advice.
W&P is well known for its strong commitment and total dedication to assisting its clients to achieve their corporate and commercial goals.
W&P team comprises prominent and qualified lawyers, led by Mr. Luky I. Walalangi, a highly regarded and leading lawyer in Corporate and Merger & Acquisition as well as Banking & Finance with more than 17 years of experience in law practices.
W&P is in association with Nishimura & Asahi (N&A), the largest law firm in Japan with more than 500 experts in various legal matters, including cross-border transactions and Asian practices. With this association and combination of talents, W&P offers extensive international resources and a highly responsive client support center. W&P is working together with N&A to meet its clients’ highest expectations and it focuses on supporting inbound investment and financing activities in a variety of sectors, with a particular focus on Japanese investment into Indonesia and domestic reputable clients.
Meet our lawyers
- Counsel to and advising Showa Denko on the structuring and successful divestment from PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina (ICA), a company established in 2007, with a capital of USD 188,500,000 and annual production of 300,000 ton of chemical grade alumina (CGA) resulting to annual sales of US$ 200 million. The divestment resulted in PT Aneka Tambang Tbk owning 100% of ICA’s shares.
- Acting for Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation and Osaka Steel corporation in their investment of more than USD 500 million, where W&P advises them on the establishment of industrial and marketing companies together with a domestic steel state owned company, their complex shareholding structures, land acquisition and development, construction and licensing matters.
- Representing Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings ("Kingsford"), which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer where Kingsford made a tender offer for 20.58% of PT Champion Indonesia shares owned by minority shareholders and the capital infusion implemented by Mitsui and Fujimori Kogyo and merger notification to KPPU.
- Acting for certain Japanese trading companies in their business and assets of transfer of construction chemicals transfer with its Indonesian local partner.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company’s subsidiary in its investment in a Yoghurt Business.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company for their investment through shares participation in a cow farming company.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its shares subscription in an Indonesian public company active in auto-parts industry.
- Acting for Kansai Paint Co Ltd in a business acquisition (including assets transfer) and acquisition one of the most famous paint Indonesian companies owned by an Indonesian conglomerate group.
- Acting for a Japanese corporation in the shares acquisition of a paint manufacture company.
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $ 300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in south Jakarta, in which W&P assists the Clients both from legal and commercial perspectives, particularly in relation to their sophisticated multi layers financing and funding structures and closely work together with them in their joint venture, land acquisition, construction and licensing matters.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its 19 hectares satellite township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency (of 1,000 units of landed houses and shophouses), with a total investment commitment of up to approximately 10 billion JPY with an Indonesian conglomerate group.
- Acting for certain Japanese trading group companies in their establishment of a JVC with an Indonesian conglomerate group for real property development in Cikarang, West Java.
- Acting for a real property Japanese company in its joint venture investment for the development of one of the most prestigious office and apartment towers in South Jakarta.
- Counsel to Japanese Bank in setting up of their standard checklist for real property business in Indonesia.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in its Land Acquisition in Cikarang Industrial Area.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company’s subsidiary in preparation of its various lease agreements with its tenants (apartment, supermarket, restaurant, security, etc) in regard to its service apartment.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in its urban development project in Kemang – Antasari Area, Jakarta Selatan.
- Counsel to the Indonesian subsidiary of a Japanese trading company in its land acquisition in an industrial area (MM 2100).
- Counsel to a steel Japanese company in purchasing certain plots of land for industrial in an industrial area in Cilegon.
- Counsel to a Japanese Corporation in its proposed plan to revitalize, rehabilitate and rejuvenate existing buildings and structures and to plan, develop, build, operate and manage new approved buildings and structures in a prime area in Jakarta.
LOGISTIC AND CONSTRUCTIONS
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in their JV of a logistic (freight forwarding) company in Indonesia with its Indonesian counterpart.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its USD 200 million investments in logistic and warehouse business.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in the proposed investment plan in an existing local logistic company in Surabaya, East Java.
- Assisting a logistic Japanese company in its proposed investment of a storage site in Batam for storing and maintenance of cranes and special trailers.
- Acting for a Japanese company in its proposed investment in a joint venture company for construction services.
- Acting for certain Japanese corporation in the divestment of shares in an Indonesian construction company.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in an acquisition of a pier-to pier (P2P) lending company.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in the establishment of a pier-to-pier lending company.
- Counsel to Oriente Group, including PT Oriente Mas Sejahtera, a P2P company, in the preparation of its products’ transactional documents.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company’s subsidiary in their acquisition through subscription of new shares of a data center project company owned by an Indonesian conglomerate group.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in the proposed investment in e-commerce and broadcasting (TV Shopping).
- Acting for mobile news Japanese company in its investment, through acquisition and loan structure in mobile news curation business.
- Acting for a Japanese company in its acquisition investment in software utilize system (online software system for accommodation, air and ground transportation, vacation packages booking and other related services) and cloud services.
- Acting for a Japanese company in its acquisition of an Indonesian e-commerce company.
- Acting for Japanese company in its shares subscription and acquisition of existing shares in a computer software & peripheral industrial company.
BANKING AND FINANCE COMPANY
- Acting for PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR 7 trillion (USD 550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian bank, including advising and assisting them in the structuring complex and sophisticated financing and fundraising structures and the subsequent plan to service of the proposed portfolio loans.
- Acting for a Japanese lease and finance company in the proposed acquisition of a multi finance company and its subsidiaries in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in structuring the new subscription of shares and internal restructuring of an Indonesian finance company with an Indonesian conglomerate group.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its acquisition of an Indonesian auction company of used cars.
- Acting for the largest state owned Indonesian bank for the acquisition of majority stakes of Multi-finance company from certain Japanese bank.
- Acting for a multi finance Japanese company in its proposed shares acquisition of a number of existing multi-finance companies.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in an acquisition of a multi-finance company in Indonesia.
- Acting for a European insurance company in relation to the acquisition of an existing Insurance company.
- Acting for and advising a domestic bank in its internal restructuring and fundraising, including by issuance of new shares and preparation of multi-layer transaction documents for its stand-by subscribers.
- Advising and act as the local counsel of certain consortium lenders of a number of power projects in Indonesia.
- Advising certain lenders of certain fast track projects of PLN.
- Counsel to certain State-Owned Company in relation to its respectively US$ 1,500,000,000 Corporate Loan and US$ 1,137,000,000 Corporate Loan.
- Counsel to certain State-Owned Company in relation to the Issue of US$ 1,500,000,000 Global Medium Term Note Program and U.S.$ 1,625,000,000 Senior Notes Global Medium Term Note Program.
- Counsel to Lenders in relation to US$ 800,000,000 loan to a coal mining company.
- Counsel to Lenders on US$ 800,000,000 multicurrency credit facilities agreement to a multinational company with subsidiary in Indonesia.
- Counsel to an offshore financial institution and an Indonesian commercial bank in relation to US$39,720,000.00 facility.
- Acting for subsidiaries of a Japanese trading company in its investments in various subsidiaries in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company’s subsidiaries in their investment in O&M power plant company.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in acquisition of holding company with an Indonesian subsidiary in wholesale and importation of medical equipment.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its investment in their medical laboratories business in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Japanese conveyor belt company in an assets acquisition from and establishment of a joint venture company.
- Acting for a fishery Japanese company in the acquisition of an Indonesian company in seafood sale distributor.
Our main areas of practice include Merger & Acquisition, Banking & Finance, Real Property, Foreign Direct Investment, Antitrust, Debt & Corporate Restructuring, Capital Market and Bond Issuance, Employment, General Corporate and Fintech.
Our clients vary from the most prestigious Japanese trading houses, multinational banks, financial institutions, multi-finance companies, real estate and property companies, multinational industrial companies from various sectors, state owned enterprises and start-up fintech companies. This allows us to have great competence and vast experience in various industries and services, working together with our clients in their diverse legal needs, complex and sophisticated financing, fundraising and shareholding structures, and to advise them in specific legal matters, including on personal data protection, telecommunications, urban development, energy, and general trading/service legal matters.
MERGER & ACQUISITION
- Complex and multifaceted M&A Transaction Structures, including assets and business transfer, and share acquisition.
- Representing clients in drafting and negotiation of Joint Venture Agreements, Shareholders Agreement, Shares Subscription Agreement or Conditional Sale and Purchase Agreement.
BANKING & FINANCING
- General advisory on banking and financial institutions.
- Complex loan financing structured in almost all sectors of industry representing domestic and international banks and financial institutions.
- Notes and convertible bonds issuance.
- General advisory on real property development and land issues as well as construction related matters.
- Joint Venture projects on real property development, including some of the most prestigious apartment, condominium, condotel and office development projects in Jakarta.
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
- Advice on the establishment of investment companies and subsidiaries.
- Merger & acquisition issues.
- Strategic investments, including classification of stocks and regulatory compliance.
- General advisory on Antitrust issues.
- Assistance on Merger Control notification.
DEBT & CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING
- Advice on capital reduction, recapitalisation, and take over.
- Mergers, spin-offs and formation of new entities as well as regulatory compliance.
- General advisory and establishment of foreign investment companies.
- Structuring investments and corporate needs to help our clients to achieve their commercial goals.
Our M&A team, Mr. Luky Walalangi, Ms. Miriam Andreta, Mr. Hans Adiputra and Ms. Sinta Cestakarani advised Showa Denko on the… Read More »
We are humbled and honored for the recognition by Asia Business Law Journal of Mr. Luky Walalangi as one of… Read More »
One of the many goals that W&P has invested in is for its lawyers to return to the beginning of… Read More »
Japanese law firm Nishimura & Asahi (N&A) has announced a new association with Indonesian law firm Walalangi & Partners (W&P)… Read More »
- W&P is widely recognized for its swift responsiveness, ready to attend to the clients’ specific needs and matters immediately.
- W&P is well known by its clients for its thorough and critical analysis as well as clear, out-of-the box and comprehensive legal solutions.
- W&P has a strong, vibrant, and dedicated team, who drives for excellence and is experienced in handling cross-border transactions.
- With visions of integrity, reliability and punctuality, W&P always seeks to develop long-term relationships by focusing on each client's specific needs by mapping the issues and offering complete and realistic solutions from the client’s perspective.
Pacific Century Place, 19th floor, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav 52-53, SCBD Lot 10, Senayan, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta 12190