Yuki Nur Palupi Tresnaningtyas graduated cum laude from Universitas Gadjah Mada. In her sophomore years, she had the privilege of working as a researcher alongside respectable professors for several projects.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked at one of Indonesia’s leading law firms for almost two years, where she was actively involved in assisting the Government of Indonesia (the Ministry of Finance, the National Procurement Committee, and the Committee for Acceleration of Priority Infrastructure Delivery) in the preparation of infrastructure regulatory frameworks and in the development of Public-Private Partnership pilot projects, such as hospital development, international airport development and waste-to-energy projects. In Walalangi & Partners, Yuki Nur Palupi Tresnaningtyas has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Counsel to Indonesia Investment Authority, the Indonesia’s sovereign wealth fund mandated to increase investment to support the Indonesian sustainable development on its successful post-acquisition reports relating to its acquisition of three Indonesian logistic parks located in Cikarang and Karawang. Through the acquisition, INA aims to construct and develop modern warehouses consisting of (i) three logistics real estate developments and (ii) warehouse with supporting office space. The project will support the Indonesian government’s plan to improve the growth of Indonesian logistics and modern warehouses to serve the current estimated warehouse market of approximately 29 million square meters for various businesses, especially those driven by e-commerce, 3PL (third-party logistics), and solid automotive industries.
- Counsel to Saint Gobain Group (SGN), in preparing and negotiating various transaction documents for the installation and the operational and maintenance of solar rooftop power generation facilities at 4 warehouses (with the total capacity more than 580 kWp). The project manifests SGN’s strong commitment and effort to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in strategic partnership to develop 51 hectares township and transit-oriented development (TOD) in Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, Indonesia, that will be developed into a township made up of gated cluster landed homes, retail and F&B outlets, feature apartments, retail and commercial spaces integrated with a bus interchange and future rail station.
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, an Indonesian subsidiary of Exeo Group Inc., engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its IDR 480,000,000,000 (approx. USD 32 million) acquisition of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets located at 633 sites across Indonesia from PT Indosat Tbk, trading as Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison, one of the largest Indonesian cellular telecommunications networks and services providers.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation and Sinar Mas Land on the inauguration of the PoC of Indonesia’s first autonomous electric vehicle at Q-Big BSD City, using first intelligent transportation system of French-made shuttle bus Navya Arma. The 15-passenger self-driving electric vehicle has a battery capacity of 33 kWh and is equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) and Light Radar (LIDAR) sensor. This goes in parallel with the vision of G20, i.e., to go towards smart green cities, more low-carbon mobility, and less traffic congestion.
- Advising a Japanese leading logistics company in the restructuring of its numerous Indonesian logistic subsidiaries engage in freight forwarding services, bonded logistic center and storage and other storage business. The transaction involves various and complex corporate actions including merger and transfer of business between the group companies and compliance of various regulatory requirements.
- Counsel to world-leading steel manufacturing companies on their investment in an existing Indonesian foreign investment subsidiary of a notable South Asia automotive and manufacturing company, engaging in special work of metals and metal-based goods and industry of transformator.
- Counsel to SECOM CO., LTD, Japan’s first security services provider (established in 1962 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange) with worldwide operation base (in 18 countries and territories), in the share restructuring of its Indonesian subsidiary, PT Secom Indonesia, a leading-established company providing integrated security services in Indonesia.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company, Limited (MUL), one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its Indonesian post-merger report related matter with Hitachi Capital Corporation (HC), a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. The merger is calculated at USD 2.8 billion and considered as one of the biggest merger deals, which results in the combined company’s annual sales amounting to USD 13.3 billion, assets worth about USD 95 billion, and almost 10,000 employees
- Advising PT Yamaha Music Indonesia on their general legal corporate matters.
Seminar and Publications:
- Luky I. Walalangi/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Rendi Prahara Septiawedi/Yuki Tresnaningtyas/Alan Sylvester Chandra: Practice Area Overview: Corporate/M&A 2023, Chambers Global Guide, 2023.