Siti Kemala Nuraida obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Indonesia. While pursuing her law degree, she was active in several campus organizations such as the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa) and Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA), where she served as Director of Local Chapter Universitas Indonesia. She was actively representing Universitas Indonesia’s Law Faculty in a number of national debate competitions as both a participant and an adjudicator. After she graduated, she attended a six-month course at King’s College London in Financial Risk, Stability, and Regulation.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an intern at one of the most prestigious Singaporean law firms and as an associate at one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions relating to multi-finance and fintech industries including:
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of of DeClout Limited, an Indonesian company engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its financing and acquisition process of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services provider in Indonesia. The transaction was completed in September 2020, where we successfully assisted DHOST in reaching an agreement with XL for the acquisition of 196 Picocell. These Picocell will then leaseback by XL for its operations across the country. The acquisition is a pivotal step for DHOST in expanding its indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets management portfolio across Indonesia and at the same time will in turn help XL and other telecommunications network and services providers to deliver stable and reliable telecommunications networks across numerous buildings in Indonesia, using DHOST’s unique and cutting edge technologies system.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd in the acquisition PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, and PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE company group is one of the most productive Indonesian gas distribution group companies, which is expanding its gas projects throughout Java, with a target of gas feed production of 12 MMSCFD in 2020. SE company group refines and compresses unutilized gas such as associated gas produced from oil wells and natural gas from small-scale gas fields and supplies the gas in the form of compressed natural gas (CNG) to industrial customers. SE Group’s plans to pursue reductions of CO2 emissions in the country by increasing utilization of unused gas and encouraging industrial customers to switch from liquid fossil fuels with high CO2 emissions to natural gas are consistent with Tokyo Gas Group’s management strong vision of “Compass 2030”, which envisages the expansion and diversification of its global businesses and the realization of a net zero CO2 emission society.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) in its real property and urban development in a prestigious South Jakarta area Fatmawati with a leading Indonesian property developer, with the total project area of 3,300 m2, where the Project includes expansion of mixed-uses properties, including apartment and commercial premise and involves complex spatial allocation conversion as well as land sales and purchase.
- Counsel to Leopalace21 Singapore Pte. Ltd on the development of residential apartment tower project in Bekasi, Greater Jakarta area, with one leading Indonesian real property company The MAJ Group and PT Central Graha Sejahtera. The Project will be developed in 2 stages, the first stage in the development of1665 units and it aims mid-level young families and millennials. Massive infrastructure development has made the property in suburban area of Greater Jakarta thriving due to its attractiveness to mid-level young families.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Counsel to Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in South Jakarta.
Seminars and Publications:
- Supporting Speaker at “Developments of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “Indonesian Offshore Loan and Security Interests and Rapid Growth of Indonesian P2P Practices” in Singapore, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Luky Walalangi/Jeanne Elisabeth Donauw/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Chambers Global Practice Guide on Doing Business In Indonesia – Trends & Developments 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Mergers & Acquisitions 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Real Estate 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Michael Widyaputra/Friliantari Putri, 2020 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Anggarara Hamami, Banking Regulation 2020, Global Legal Insight (GLI), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Andhika Indrapraja, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.