Siti Kemala Nuraida obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Indonesia and attended a six-month course at King’s College London in Financial Risk, Stability, and Regulation.
Siti Kemala Nuraidawas listed as Rising Stars Indonesia 2022 by Asian Legal Business and as one of Asia 40 Under 40 2021 by Asian Legal Business among handful selected legal counsels in Asia; a finalist of Rising Star of the Year South East Asia in ALB Woman in Law Awards 2021; and was recognized by HukumOnline as an Inspiring NexGen Lawyers 2020.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions including:
- Counsel to MUFG Bank in total approximately EUR 596 million acquisition of 100% shares of HC Consumer Finance Philippines, Inc and 85.0% shares of PT Home Credit Indonesia, subsidiaries of Home Credit B.V. The acquisition is done through MUFG Bank and its consolidated subsidiaries Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited, the fifth largest commercial bank in Thailand and PT. Adira Dinamika Multi Finance.
- Counsel to Mitsui & Co., Ltd and Penske Truck Leasing, the largest commercial vehicle leasing company in North America, in the establishment of their truck operating lease business in Indonesia together with CSM Corporatama, a subsidiary of Indomobil under the major Indonesian conglomerate Salim Group. Through this project, the parties plan contribute to the Indonesian economy by providing well-maintained trucks to tackle issues in freight transportation which would reduce road infrastructure damages and traffic accidents.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind), advance, smart, and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
- Counsel to one of the biggest trading Japanese companies in its total IDR 500 billion restructuring and divestment, which includes capital reduction and almost IDR 60 billion shares transfer with one of the largest Indonesian conglomerate groups real property leader.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in strategic partnership to develop 51 hectares township and transit-oriented development (TOD) in Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, Indonesia, that will be developed into a township made up of gated cluster landed homes, retail and F&B outlets, feature apartments, retail and commercial spaces integrated with a bus interchange and future rail station.
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of DeClout Limited, an Indonesian company engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its financing and acquisition process of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services providers in Indonesia.
- Assisting an Indonesian subsidiary of one of the biggest trading companies in preparing a turnkey construction contract to implement its plan to build a premise upon an approximately 2,400 sqm land located in the most prestigious area of Central Jakarta, with contract value of more than 70 billion Rupiah, including advising and structuring to construction to mitigate potential risks and issues in general construction and intellectual property matters.
- Advising a Japanese leading logistics company in the restructuring of its numerous Indonesian logistic subsidiaries engaging in freight forwarding services, bonded logistic centre and storage and other storage business. The transaction involves various and complex corporate actions including merger and transfer of business between the group companies and compliance of various regulatory requirements.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
Seminars and Publications:
- Guest lecturer in Thammasat University law students of Thailand, where she discussed and elaborated Indonesia M&A of Private Companies. The lecture covered the analysis and practical insights of general overview of M&A, the steps by steps of Indonesia M&A deals, and the practical challenges typically encountered by Indonesian counsels in M&A transactions.
- Guest speaker in N&A’s firm-wide Education & Training Program, where she discussed and elaborated “Investing in Indonesia” to more than 50 lawyers of N&A coming from multi-jurisdiction offices. The two-part presentation covered the general overview of foreign investment regulations in Indonesia, practical aspects and typical expectation in Indonesian cross border transactions, current investment climate in Indonesia, and challenges when dealing with local counterparts and authorities from the investor perspectives.
- Supporting Speaker at “Developments of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “Indonesian Offshore Loan and Security Interests and Rapid Growth of Indonesian P2P Practices” in Singapore, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Rainer Faustine Jonathan/Rio Armando Girsang, Real Estate Comparative Guide 2022, The Legal 500, 2022.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Andhika Indrapraja, Real Estate Comparative Guide 2021, The Legal500, 2021.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Jeanne Elisabeth Donauw/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Chambers Global Practice Guide on Doing Business In Indonesia – Trends & Developments 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Mergers & Acquisitions 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Real Estate 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Michael Widyaputra/Friliantari Putri, 2020 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Anggarara Hamami, Banking Regulation 2020, Global Legal Insight (GLI), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Andhika Indrapraja, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.