Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani obtained her law degree from University of Padjadjaran, where she graduated with cum laude predicate. While studying for her bachelor’s degree, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani was active in Asian Law Student Association and Moot Court Society, where she was chosen to represent her University to participate in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Hong Kong.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani worked for the biggest law firm in Indonesia. During her years of practice, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani involved in assisting domestic and foreign companies in various notable transaction and advisory work predominantly in the areas of banking and finance, merger and acquisition, mining, technology media and telecommunications (TMT) and fintech business. Due to her many great achievements in a relatively short time, she was chosen by Hukumonline as one of 11 inspiring NexGen Lawyers of 2019.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users (spanning over 180 countries) and revenue of US$589 million only for January – September 2020, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to state-backed Japanese entertainment-dedicated fund, Cool Japan Fund, in its USD 50 million investment in domestic ride-hailing firm Go-Jek, which go towards Go-Jek’s video and music streaming service for mobile users where it hopes to tap the popularity of Japanese anime and horror movies in Indonesia and helps Japanese restaurants in Indonesia set up shop at Go-Jek’s Go-Food Festival locations.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its superblock urban development project of more than USD 350 million, located in 12 Ha area of Vasanta InnoPark, Bekasi regency, West java Indonesia. As a whole, Vasanta InnoPark plans to construct 17 high-rise buildings, including apartments, commercial facilities, office buildings, and hotels and it is situated in a very strategic location for connecting to airports, ports, and industrial parks.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Counsel to and advising Showa Denko on the structuring and successful divestment from PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina (ICA), a company established in 2007, with a capital of USD 188,500,000 and annual production of 300,000 ton of chemical grade alumina (GCA) resulting to annual sales of US$ 200 million. The divestment resulted in PT Aneka Tambang Tbk owning 100% of ICA’s shares.
- Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Prisca Octavia Rumokoy, Lexology Getting The Deal Through, Banking Regulation, 2021.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Andhika Indrapraja/Indira Setyowati, Fintech 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Anggarara Hamami/Jovico Nicolaus Honanda, Fintech 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Andhika Indrapraja, Data Protection 2019, Asian Legal Business (ALB) Supplements 2019.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, NexGen Lawyers 2019, HukumOnline
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Governance 2019, Global Legal Group (GLG), 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Fintech 2019 Edition, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.