Mr. Rendi Prahara Septiawedi obtained his Bachelor of laws degree from Universitas Padjadjaran with cum laude predicate. During his undergraduate study, he actively participated in International Law Moot Court Competition and he won the European Union Inter-Varsity English Debating Competition held by the European Union Representative for Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam. He was the Student of the Year of Universitas Padjadjaran of 2011. In 2019, he completed his LLM in Energy Law degree (merits) at University College London (UCL).
Aside from being an active practitioner, Mr. Rendi Prahara Septiawedi also a lecturer of International Law and Intellectual Property Law in one of the well-known private universities in Indonesia.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, he worked as an associate in one of the biggest independent law firms in Indonesia. During his years of practice, he has been involved in numerous deals and transactions relating to merger and acquisition, environment related matters and in significant number of major Indonesian energy related projects.
In addition, he was also a counsel to an Indonesian start-up company engaging in virtual and online multi-platform education fields in its capital funding through shares issuance to an international investor and a counsel to Singaporean entity in the acquisition of an Indonesian crumb rubber company.
- Counsel to world-leading steel manufacturing companies on their investment in an existing Indonesian foreign investment subsidiary of a notable South Asia automotive and manufacturing company, engaging in special work of metals and metal-based goods and industry of transformator.
- Counsel to a Singapore based boutique finance firm, in structuring various contractual arrangements for the sale and purchase of coal purchase option and coal commodity from Indonesian group of companies engaging business in coal mining and trading, including optimizing the legal and commercial structure and the payment structure arrangement, to maximize protection for the client’s interest and ensuring the compliance of all transaction agreements with Indonesian laws and regulation.
- Counsel to SECOM CO., LTD, Japan’s first security services provider (established in 1962 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange) with worldwide operation base (in 18 countries and territories), market capitalization of USD 19.2 billion, and consolidated revenue of JPY 1,035,898 million (fiscal year ended March 31, 2021), in the share restructuring of its Indonesian subsidiary, PT Secom Indonesia, a leading-established company providing integrated security services in Indonesia, among others (i) Online Alarm Monitoring & Response; (ii) Facilities Monitoring; (iii) Security Guard Supply & Training; (iv) Management Services; and (v) Internal Audit & Assessment, which aimed to further strengthen PT Secom Indonesia’s position as one of the leading security services companies in Indonesian market and support SECOM CO., LTD’s global operation.
Seminar and Publications:
- Luky I. Walalangi/Rendi Prahara Septiawedi, Indonesia’s Carbon Trading System: Challenges and Opportunities, IFLR, 2022.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Rendi Prahara Septiawedi, Regional Guide to Renewable Energy Laws 2021, Asia Business Law Journal, 2021.