Raditya Pratamandika is a young and very talented Indonesian lawyer with more than five years of experience. He obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Padjadjaran and was then active in the Asian Law Students’ Association and several moot court competitions.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Raditya Pratamandika Putra worked at a first-tier UK-affiliated law firm, where he assisted various foreign and domestic clients in banking as well as energy and natural resources matters, in which he has immense knowledge and experience.
Some of the noteworthy projects and transactions he has handled include the following:
- Counsel to Japan Bike Auction Company Ltd., a leading Japanese motorcycle online auction company headquartered in Yokohama, in its successful divestment from PT JBA Indonesia, a pioneer and major player in Indonesian automotive auction market with more than 16 branches and 18 hubs operating across Indonesia, to PT Autopedia Sukses Lestari, a direct subsidiary of PT Adi Sarana Armada Tbk. (a leading Indonesian publicly listed limited liability company providing vehicle rental services for corporations, logistics transportation, driver hiring services, automotive auction houses, and vehicle sharing services through 18 branch offices, 26 representative offices, with total assets of IDR 5,170.90 billion as of 2020), with transaction value of JPY1,670,000,000.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to one of the leading logistics companies in Japan, in the restructuring of its Indonesian subsidiaries to maximize the synergy effects within its group and to optimize its position in Indonesian market. The Client provides services both domestically and globally and is listed as a large-sized company on the First Section of the Tokyo Exchange. As of 2020, it operates through its 325 offices in Japan and 436 offices in 29 countries across the Americas, Europe, East Asia, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Represented a foreign bank in more than US$250 million loan facilities to an Indonesian plantation group company for the purpose of refinancing an existing indebtedness and expansion of plantation processing factory.
- Provided extensive legal advisory to an Indonesian mining company in relation to share divestment to be carried out by its foreign shareholder.
- Jeanne Elisabeth Donauw/Raditya Pratamandika Putra/Putri Bening Larasati, Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 Guide: Practice Area Overview Chapter – Corporate M&A in Indonesia.
- Miriam Andreta/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Lending & Secured Finance 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Andhika Indrapraja/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Corporate Governance 2020, International Comparative Legal Group, 2020.
- Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Banking Regulation 2020, Getting The Deal Through, 2020.