Wisnu Renansyah Jenie has assisted clients in the areas of energy, banking & finance, capital markets, M&A, including foreign companies in their complicated financing structures and capital market transactions and investment plans.
He has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and its Indonesian subsidiary PT Diamond Development Indonesia (DDI) in their new urban integrated township project with an estimated gross development value (GDV) of IDR 9 trillion (approx. USD 630 million) in SHILA at Sawangan, a 102-hectare township in Depok, West Java, Indonesia. To implement the project, MC and DDI have formed a significant partnership with a leading Indonesian real property developer listed in IDX, PT Pakuan Tbk.
The development project comprises premium landed housing clusters integrated with a range of facilities, such as a golf course, commercial facilities, dining pods, the X-Change, and other supporting innovative public facilities. It is constructed right next to the under-construction circular JORR2 Toll Road, providing the residents with more convenient connectivity to Jakarta, Tangerang, and the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. This is the second development project between MC and Vasanta Group (following their successful project of the Vasanta Innopark in Bekasi Regency, West Java, in 2019), reflecting the full and continuing commitment of the parties to provide the highest quality landed properties in the best locations.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd in the acquisition PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, and PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE company group is one of the most productive Indonesian gas distribution group companies, which is expanding its gas projects throughout Java, with a target of gas feed production of 12 MMSCFD in 2020. SE company group refines and compresses unutilized gas such as associated gas produced from oil wells and natural gas from small-scale gas fields and supplies the gas in the form of compressed natural gas (CNG) to industrial customers. SE Group’s plans to pursue reductions of CO2 emissions in the country by increasing utilization of unused gas and encouraging industrial customers to switch from liquid fossil fuels with high CO2 emissions to natural gas are consistent with Tokyo Gas Group’s management strong vision of “Compass 2030”, which envisages the expansion and diversification of its global businesses and the realization of a net zero CO2 emission society. This is the fifth global investment of Tokyo Gas, and it reflects Tokyo Gas’ confidence in the stable economic growth of Indonesia and high expectation of Indonesia’s demand for energy in the long run, as the world’s fourth most populous country.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Advising Mitsui Co Ltd in its strategic investment in Axiata’s digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia; ADA, an independent digital marketing agency; and Apigate, an application programming interface platform company. Axiata Digital was established in 2013 and has to-date invested in 30 brands in businesses ranging from financial services to digital advertising.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to and advising a well-known Japanese auction company in relation to the sale and purchase of shares in its Indonesian subsidiary with an approximate transaction value of USD 480,000,000.
- Advising a well-known German finance company on the provision of loan in the amount of USD 20,000,000 to an Indonesian multi finance company.
- Assisting a large Indonesian state-owned company in the issuance of bond in the amount of IDR 2,000,000,000,000.
- Counsel to a large Japanese digital platform company in the shares acquisition of a famous Indonesian digital platform company.
Seminar and Publications:
- A co- lecturer representing Indonesia in the 10th Symposium on International Civil and Commercial Law, organized by the Ministry of Justice of Japan, through the International Civil and Commercial Law Center Foundation (ICCLC), co-held by Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry and supported by Japan External Trade Organization, Osaka Headquarters, Japan International Cooperation Agency, Osaka Bar Association, and Kansai Economic Federation, where together with guest lecturers from Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, the firm discussed and compared legal situations and practical issues and future prospects of joint venture in each jurisdiction.
- Supporting Speaker in Singapore of “Indonesian offshore loan and security interests and rapid growth of Indonesian P2P practices”, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Miriam Andreta/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Lending & Secured Finance 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Governance, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie, M&A Report 2019, IFLR1000, 2019.
- Researcher for the preparation of publication Indonesian Banking Regulation for Global Legal Insights (GLI) in 2018.