Ms. Putri Bening Larasati graduated in 2013 from the Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, majoring in Economic Law. Ms. Putri Bening Larasati obtained her master degree from Tilburg University, the Netherlands, and tremendously maintained a cum laude GPA in all her courses and received distinction mark for her thesis on Electronic General Meeting of Shareholders Platform for Indonesian Listed Companies: a Quest to Facilitate Shareholder Democracy and Greater Shareholder Participation. Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she joined one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia as an associate.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions and received accolades from her clients for her brightness and high dedication towards works. Her high profile works include:
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its merger control preparation and submission to Indonesia Business Competition Supervisory Commission in relation to its merger with a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. Through the merger, they aim to build and maximize an ideal and mutual complementary relationship to establish an extensive, comprehensive and highly competitive line-up of businesses, and achieve diversification in their respective portfolios, including business domains and geographical areas.
- Counsel to Leopalace21 Singapore Pte. Ltd on the development of residential apartment tower project in Bekasi, Greater Jakarta area, with one leading Indonesian real property company The MAJ Group and PT Central Graha Sejahtera. The Project will be developed in 2 stages, the first stage in the development of1665 units and it aims mid-level young families and millennials. Massive infrastructure development has made the property in suburban area of Greater Jakarta thriving due to its attractiveness to mid-level young families.
- Assisting and advising one of the biggest Japanese motorcycle companies in its anti-trust matter in Indonesia.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million, which is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Serie F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation have raised over USD1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food, delivery, logistics, mobile payments and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Assisting numerous clients on advisory of various competition law aspects, including post-merger notifications, supporting their internal audit teams on assessment of overall competition law risks, advising on improvement of their business models from competition law perspective.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Miriam Andreta/Rainer Faustine Jonathan/Putri Bening Larasati, Merger Control 8th Edition, Global Legal Insight (GLI), 2019.