Putri Bening Larasati graduated and earned her Bachelor of Laws degree in 2013 from the Faculty of Law, Universitas Indonesia, majoring in Economic Law. She then obtained her master’s degree from Tilburg University, the Netherlands, with a cum laude GPA and a distinction mark for her thesis, entitled “Electronic General Meeting of Shareholders Platform for Indonesian Listed Companies: a Quest to Facilitate Shareholder Democracy and Greater Shareholder Participation.” Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she joined one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia as an associate.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions and has received accolades from her clients for her brightness and high dedication. Her high-profile works include:
- Counsel to Indonesia Investment Authority, the Indonesia’s sovereign wealth fund mandated to increase investment to support the Indonesian sustainable development on its successful post-acquisition reports relating to its acquisition of three Indonesian logistic parks located in Cikarang and Karawang. Through the acquisition, INA aims to construct and develop modern warehouses consisting of (i) three logistics real estate developments and (ii) warehouse with supporting office space. The project will support the Indonesian government’s plan to improve the growth of Indonesian logistics and modern warehouses to serve the current estimated warehouse market of approximately 29 million square meters for various businesses, especially those driven by e-commerce, 3PL (third-party logistics), and solid automotive industries.
- Counsel to one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its merger control preparation and submission to Indonesia Business Competition Supervisory Commission in relation to its merger with a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. Through the merger, they aim to build and maximize an ideal and mutual complementary relationship to establish an extensive, comprehensive and highly competitive line-up of businesses, and achieve diversification in their respective portfolios, including business domains and geographical areas.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company, Limited (MUL), one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its Indonesian post-merger report related matter with Hitachi Capital Corporation (HC), a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. The merger is calculated at USD 2.8 billion and considered as one of the biggest merger deals, which results in the combined company’s annual sales amounting to USD 13.3 billion, assets worth about USD 95 billion, and almost 10,000 employees.
- Advising a sectoral foreign government agency in various aspects of Antitrust Law in Indonesia, including in relation to merger report for assets transfer, mergers, consolidations, and/or acquisitions, and dominant position rules under the Indonesian Antitrust law.
- Advising and supporting multiple Japanese major manufacturing companies, in relation to their investigation relating to anti-dumping investigation in Indonesia as a surrogate country on certain goods imported to Japan from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of Korea.
- Counsel to Mitsui Co & Ltd,and FP Corporation on its Indonesian post-acquisition merger report of their acquisition of Lee Soon Seng Plastic Industries Sdn. Bhd., one of the largest manufacturers of functional food containers in Malaysia with packaging wholesalers in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, the Philippines, and other Southeast Asian nations.
- Counsel to Leopalace21 Singapore Pte. Ltd on the development of residential apartment tower project in Bekasi, Greater Jakarta area, with one leading Indonesian real property company The MAJ Group and PT Central Graha Sejahtera. The Project will be developed in 2 stages, the first stage in the development of1665 units and it aims mid-level young families and millennials. Massive infrastructure development has made the property in suburban area of Greater Jakarta thriving due to its attractiveness to mid-level young families.
- Assisting and advising one of the biggest Japanese motorcycle companies in its anti-trust matter in Indonesia.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million, which is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Serie F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation have raised over USD1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food, delivery, logistics, mobile payments and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Assisting numerous clients on advisory of various competition law aspects, including post-merger notifications, supporting their internal audit teams on assessment of overall competition law risks, advising on improvement of their business models from competition law perspective.
- Jeanne Elisabeth Donauw/Raditya Pratamandika Putra/Putri Bening Larasati, Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 Guide: Practice Area Overview Chapter – Corporate M&A in Indonesia.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Miriam Andreta/Rainer Faustine Jonathan/Putri Bening Larasati, Merger Control 8th Edition, Global Legal Insight (GLI), 2019.