Mutiara Khairunnisa obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from the faculty of law, Universitas Gadjah Mada, with a cum laude honor. Besides, she also had the opportunity to study at several universities abroad on scholarships, namely, East China University of Politics and Law, Seoul National University, and Nagoya University. While in college, Mutiara Khairunnisa was actively involved in international moot competitions, and her excellent performance earned her an award for being one of the Top Advocates for her role as an oralist in the Foreign Direct Investment Moot.
Since joining Walalangi & Partners, she has been involved in numbers of employment and dispute resolution matters as well as M&A transactions, including:
- Counsel to Indonesian subsidiary of a leading Japanese steel distributor company, in relation to crisis management matters following whistleblowing reports by its employees and former employee, including to assist the Indonesian subsidiary in interviewing the whistle-blower, collecting and analysing the submitted evidence; and to advise the client of risks management, compliance issue and available legal remedies.
- Counsel to a Japanese corporation in its internal legal audit and data forensic of its Indonesian subsidiary in relation to embezzlement allegation against one of its employees, focusing on the legal measures and avenues available for the Client.
- Counsel to a Japanese leading pharmaceuticals manufacturing company in legal audit and investigation of its Indonesian subsidiary relating to compliance issues and alleged embezzlement by certain employees, focusing on risk management by the Client.
- Advising an international insurtech company, on its various employment related matters, including preparation of the mutual separation agreement and notice of employment termination, and preparation of Indonesian subsidiary’s company regulation. This is to support the Client’s effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations following major changes brought by the Omnibus Law and its implementing regulations.
- Advising Indonesian subsidiary of a world leader in engineered polymer solutions based in Sweden, in the preparation of its company regulation and its ratification process with the regional manpower office.
- Advising a primary provider of natural gas to the main cities of Japan on the implementation of its group companies’ global whistle-blowing system throughout multiple jurisdictions around the world, including Indonesia, which legal analysis covers scope of whistleblowing, anonymous report, contact routing system, counter-measures as well as Indonesian personal data protection.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest parts and systems provider, in relation to compliance of anti-bribery issues, including in preparation of guideline to all employees to ensure the compliance of the regulation.
- Advising a global multi-technology group companies, in preparing the Environment, Health & Safety Guidelines for its Indonesian subsidiaries, to support its effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations and promoting a health and safety working environment.
- Advising a global specialty chemicals company, on the retention period of HR related documents, which helps the company to manage its day to day operation with full observation to various Indonesian regulations.
- Advising a Hong Kong based telecommunications company having the world’s largest wholly owned subsea fibre backbone and a Tier-1 IP network with connectivity to 190+ countries and territories around the world, on its employment termination issues and hiring employee through local PEO (Professional Employer Organization).
- Representing one of the leading Indonesian pharmaceutical companies, as a respondent in SIAC arbitration proceeding relating to a claim brought by a claimant.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistic and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.