Kathleen Cateliya obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Indonesia and her master’s degree from Universitas Pelita Harapan. She was also an ASEAN Youth Ambassador where she had actively represented Indonesia in International Youth Forums held under the auspices of the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Since joining Walalangi & Partners, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions including:
- Advising a Japanese-affiliated company on Indonesian law aspects in relation to its proposed establishment and development of internet-based platform to be used for holding cross-border e-sport tournaments, particularly, with respect to its proposed business model and payment arrangements, including the use of digital currency, such as cryptocurrency, and limitations on its use, as well as advising on compliance issues, including, personal data protection rules, creditworthiness scoring activities under OJK regulations, and obligations of an electronic system operator.
- Advising a leading Japanese telecommunication and a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company on various Indonesian law’s regulatory framework related to its proposed investment in various digital payment and finance sectors in Indonesia, including among others, mobile payment and Q&R code based payment services, online loyalty point related services, digital banking and financing, small loan online services, digital consumer finance (including buy now pay later (BNPL) arrangement), and digital insurance.
- Advising an emerging Indonesian marketplace platform start-up that facilitates small-medium size enterprises in selling their products online and help them with bookkeeping – in relation to (i) analysis of data collection and storage, payment initiation, administration and verification of source of fund, e-money issuance, (ii) structuring its existing business activities and key licensing requirements, (iii) payment services provider (PSP) license, scope of activities, shareholding and voting rights of foreign shareholders and capitalization and (iv) analysis on its share acquisitions plan of PSP companies.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.