Before joining W&P, Ms. Kathleen Cateliya was an associate in one of Indonesia’s prominent law firms, where she independently handled banking & finance matters, start-up seed funding, foreign direct investment, financial technology, and M&A transactions.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years include the following transactions:
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users (spanning over 180 countries) and revenue of US$589 million only for January – September 2020, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Advising and assisting one of Indonesian unicorn technology companies in structuring its new investment and business model development
- Representing a Singapore-based Private Equity firm in acquiring NPLs and assets from a multinational banking and financial services company.
- Assisting an Indonesian based financial technology P2P company for small-medium enterprises (SMEs) and retail sectors in structuring its various investment and business models.
- Representing an Indonesian business conglomerate group y against a Malaysian State-Owned Company in Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Representing an Indonesian start-up in its initial investment/seed-funding from a Singapore-based Venture Capital through a Mandatory Convertible Bond.
- Advising an Indonesian leading renewable energy technology company for the provision of solar panel facilities in Indonesia.