He graduated cum laude from Universitas Indonesia and actively involved in various organizations and moot court competitions during his academic years and attained his LL.M. in Law and Technology from King’s College London. Moreover, he has completed Indonesian Tax Course (Brevet A & B), showcasing his commitment to a comprehensive understanding of the legal landscape. His diverse range of experiences have earned him the trust of both domestic and multinational clients, particularly in M&A, general corporate, foreign investment, financial technology, personal data protection, and real property matters.
He has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following notable works:
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Assisting Oriente Group, including PT Oriente Mas Sejahtera, a P2P company, in the preparation of its products’ transactional documents.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Anggarara Hamami/Jovico Nicolaus Honanda, Fintech 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.