Since joining Walalangi & Partners, he has been involved in employment, dispute resolution, bankruptcy and suspension of payment, and Real Estate transactions, in which he has extensive knowledge. Irfansyah Dwinanda Nasution has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following prestigious deals as well as high-valued litigation and arbitration:
- Counsel to Indonesian subsidiary of a leading Japanese steel distributor company, in relation to crisis management matters following whistleblowing reports by its employees and former employee, including to assist the Indonesian subsidiary in interviewing the whistle-blower, collecting and analysing the submitted evidence; and to advise the client of risks management, compliance issue and available legal remedies.
- Counsel to a Japanese corporation in its internal legal audit and data forensic of its Indonesian subsidiary in relation to embezzlement allegation against one of its employees, focusing on the legal measures and avenues available for the Client.
- Counsel to a Japanese leading pharmaceuticals manufacturing company in legal audit and investigation of its Indonesian subsidiary relating to compliance issues and alleged embezzlement by certain employees, focusing on risk management by the Client.
- Advising an international insurtech company, on its various employment related matters, including preparation of the mutual separation agreement and notice of employment termination, and preparation of Indonesian subsidiary’s company regulation. This is to support the Client’s effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations following major changes brought by the Omnibus Law and its implementing regulations.
- Advising Indonesian subsidiary of a world leader in engineered polymer solutions based in Sweden, in the preparation of its company regulation and its ratification process with the regional manpower office.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest parts and systems provider, in relation to compliance of anti-bribery issues, including in preparation of guideline to all employees to ensure the compliance of the regulation.
- Advising a global multi-technology group companies, in preparing the Environment, Health & Safety Guidelines for its Indonesian subsidiaries, to support its effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations and promoting a health and safety working environment.
- Advising a global specialty chemicals company, on the retention period of HR related documents, which helps the company to manage its day to day operation with full observation to various Indonesian regulations.
- Counsel to a leading Singapore real estate company in their more than 300 hectares new greenfield township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency, with one of most reputable Indonesian real estate group of companies. W&P’s assistance includes an investigation to the project land which focuses on facts finding of location of land area, historical ownership, designation of land area, existing dispute, land contour, environmental and natural disaster, to help the client assessing and managing all relevant risks for the development project.
- Representing one of the leading Indonesian pharmaceutical companies, as a respondent in SIAC arbitration proceeding relating to a claim brought by a claimant.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
This is the first-of-its-kind integrated TODs in Indonesia that includes master planning in a post-pandemic world, and adoption of smart and sustainable technological solutions and to support the Indonesian government’s focus on infrastructure development in Jakarta, including development of railway stations, which will result in better connectivity for commuters and residents. Mitbana leverages MC’s global experience in real estate developments including integrated developments and technology implementation in diversified industry as well as SJ’s technical capabilities in master planning, urban, residential and industrial development.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5-billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios..
- Counsel to Mitsui & Co and Mitsui & Co Energy Trading Singapore in structuring their settlement arrangement in relation to the bankruptcy process of PT Petro Energy at the Commercial Court of Jakarta.
- Counsel to Showa Leasing Co Ltd as a secured creditor (lender) in a debt restructuring with its defaulting borrower (PT Pamindo Tiga T) through an ongoing suspension of payment at the Commercial Court of Jakarta.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistic and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Acting for one of the biggest Japanese real property companies in its joint venture investment, land acquisition, constructions as well as finance structuring to develop apartment tower and office tower in Jakarta