Ms. Indira Setyowati graduated with cum laude predicate from Universitas Gadjah Mada. She participated in Foreign Direct Investment Arbitration Moot where she managed to lead the team to finish the Asia Pacific Oral Rounds in 3rd Place and enabled her team to proceed to the Global Oral Rounds in Frankfurt am Main, Germany and actively participated in various organizations, including the Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA).
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she was with one of the prestigious law firms in Indonesia, where she assisted multiple prominent capital market transactions, including the issuance of IDR 4 trillion Bonds by a state-owned company offered in London and Singapore Stock Exchange. In Walalangi & Partners, Indira Setyowati, has been advising and handling numerous types of clients, predominantly in the areas of capital markets, financial institutions, banking and finance and technology media and telecommunications (TMT).
Indira Setyowati has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Counsel to one of biggest power companies in Japan, in structuring and preparing various loan agreements for its financing to an Indonesian borrower, engaging in roof-top solar business and preparing various Indonesian law governed security documents to secure the lender’s preference rights, including pledge of shares agreements, power of attorney to vote and sell shares and the fiducia security to secure the shareholder’s loan.
- Counsel to MUFG Bank in total approximately EUR 596 million acquisition of 100% shares of HC Consumer Finance Philippines, Inc and 85.0% shares of PT Home Credit Indonesia, subsidiaries of Home Credit B.V. The acquisition is done through MUFG Bank and its consolidated subsidiaries Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited, the fifth largest commercial bank in Thailand and PT. Adira Dinamika Multi Finance.
- Counsel to a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company in structuring its proposed direct and indirect investment of an Indonesian publicly listed company, including sophisticated and complex multilayer corporate actions of pre-emptive rights transfer and subscription of new shares.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd in the acquisition PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, and PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE company group is one of the most productive Indonesian gas distribution group companies, which is expanding its gas projects throughout Java, with a target of gas feed production of 12 MMSCFD in 2020. SE company group refines and compresses unutilized gas such as associated gas produced from oil wells and natural gas from small-scale gas fields and supplies the gas in the form of compressed natural gas (CNG) to industrial customers.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Assisting Oriente Group, including PT Oriente Mas Sejahtera, a P2P company, in the preparation of various products and transactional documents.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Andhika Indrapraja/Indira Setyowati, Fintech 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Researcher for the preparation of publication Indonesian Financial Technology for International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) in 2019.
- Researcher for the preparation of publication Indonesian Banking Regulation for Getting the Deal Through (GTDT) in 2019.
- Researcher for the preparation of publication Indonesian Banking Regulation for Global Legal Insights (GLI) in 2019.