Friliantari Putri graduated in 2019 from the Faculty of Law, Universitas Indonesia, majoring in Economic Law. During her university years, she was actively involved in various student organizations, including the Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA), where she served as a member of the Board of Directors of Local Chapter Universitas Indonesia in 2018. Besides, she was also actively participating in numerous campus and social projects.
Since joining Walalangi & Partners, Friliantari Putri has been involved in various M&A and foreign direct investment transactions as well as general corporate matters, in which she has extensive knowledge. She was involved in advising Orient Corp, a major Japanese consumer credit supplier, in the complex structured acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT Mizuho Bank.
- Advising a leading Japanese telecommunication and a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company on various Indonesian law’s regulatory framework related to its proposed investment in various digital payment and finance sectors in Indonesia, including among others, mobile payment and Q&R code based payment services, online loyalty point related services, digital banking and financing, small loan online services, digital consumer finance (including buy now pay later (BNPL) arrangement), and digital insurance.
- Counsel to one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its merger control preparation and submission to Indonesia Business Competition Supervisory Commission in relation to its merger with a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. Through the merger, they aim to build and maximize an ideal and mutual complementary relationship to establish an extensive, comprehensive and highly competitive line-up of businesses, and achieve diversification in their respective portfolios, including business domains and geographical areas.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users (spanning over 180 countries) and revenue of US$589 million only for January – September 2020, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Researcher for the preparation of the publication of 2020 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2020.