Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Indonesia, where she actively participated in a wide range of organizational activities, among others, the Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA) and the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa).
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an associate in another prominent law firm in Indonesia, where she had the privilege of being seconded to branches of American and French banks.
During her years of practice, she has been advising and handling numerous types of clients, including offshore and onshore banks, financial institutions, non-profit organizations, as well as private and public listed companies in the areas of banking & finance, infrastructure, capital markets, and general corporate matters.
Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo has successfully assisted clients in the following prestigious transactions:
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of of DeClout Limited, an Indonesian company engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its financing and acquisition process of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services provider in Indonesia. The transaction was completed in September 2020, where we successfully assisted DHOST in reaching an agreement with XL for the acquisition of 196 Picocell. These Picocell will then leaseback by XL for its operations across the country. The acquisition is a pivotal step for DHOST in expanding its indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets management portfolio across Indonesia and at the same time will in turn help XL and other telecommunications network and services providers to deliver stable and reliable telecommunications networks across numerous buildings in Indonesia, using DHOST’s unique and cutting edge technologies system.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd in the acquisition PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, and PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE company group is one of the most productive Indonesian gas distribution group companies, which is expanding its gas projects throughout Java, with a target of gas feed production of 12 MMSCFD in 2020. SE company group refines and compresses unutilized gas such as associated gas produced from oil wells and natural gas from small-scale gas fields and supplies the gas in the form of compressed natural gas (CNG) to industrial customers. SE Group’s plans to pursue reductions of CO2 emissions in the country by increasing utilization of unused gas and encouraging industrial customers to switch from liquid fossil fuels with high CO2 emissions to natural gas are consistent with Tokyo Gas Group’s management strong vision of “Compass 2030”, which envisages the expansion and diversification of its global businesses and the realization of a net zero CO2 emission society. This is the fifth global investment of Tokyo Gas, and it reflects Tokyo Gas’ confidence in the stable economic growth of Indonesia and high expectation of Indonesia’s demand for energy in the long run, as the world’s fourth most populous country.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its superblock urban development project of more than USD 350 million, located in 12 Ha area of Vasanta InnoPark, Bekasi regency, West java Indonesia. As a whole, Vasanta InnoPark plans to construct 17 high-rise buildings, including apartments, commercial facilities, office buildings, and hotels and it is situated in a very strategic location for connecting to airports, ports, and industrial parks.
- Advising Mitsui Co Ltd in its strategic investment in Axiata’s digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia; ADA, an independent digital marketing agency; and Apigate, an application programming interface platform company. Axiata Digital was established in 2013 and has to-date invested in 30 brands in businesses ranging from financial services to digital advertising.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Counsel to one of the biggest Japanese trading companies in its more than 47,000 sqm development of 10 towers residential project in Bekasi Regency.
- Assisting several offshore banks on their derivative transaction documents, FX agreements and other actions relating thereto along with standardization of derivative documents;
- Counsel to an Indonesian borrower in a more than USD 80,000,000 Term Loan Agreement, in relation to development of commercial property buildings in Jakarta, secured by security rights over land, fiducia security over receivables as well as insurance proceeds, pledge of shares, pledge of bank account and corporate guarantee;
- Andhika Indrapraja/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Corporate Governance 2020, International Comparative Legal Group, 2020.
- Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Banking Regulation 2020, Getting The Deal Through, 2020.
- Sinta Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Indonesia: Corporate Governance, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Banking Regulation, Getting The Deal Through, 2019.