Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo obtained her Bachelor of Laws degree from Universitas Indonesia, where she actively participated in a wide range of organizational activities, among others, the Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA) and the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa).
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an associate in another prominent law firm in Indonesia, where she had the privilege of being seconded to branches of American and French banks.
During her years of practice, she has been advising and handling numerous types of clients, including offshore and onshore banks, financial institutions, as well as private and publicly listed companies in the areas of banking & finance, infrastructure, capital markets, and general corporate matters.
Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo has successfully assisted clients in the following prestigious transactions:
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, an Indonesian subsidiary of Exeo Group Inc., engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its IDR 480,000,000,000 (approx. USD 32 million) acquisition of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets located at 633 sites across Indonesia from PT Indosat Tbk, trading as Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison, one of the largest Indonesian cellular telecommunications networks and services providers.
- Counsel to one of the largest Japanese banks in its USD200 million acquisition of an e-commerce and digital financing services businesses throughout Southeast Asia, which would allow the client to further contribute and fulfil various financial needs to customers in Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries as well as leveraging its group’s growth in financial services sector.
- Counsel to one of the Japanese leading information technology solution companies, in its proposed cross-border acquisitions of a Singaporean information technology cloud and digital transformation companies, which would allow the Client to expand its business to provide a unique and competitive hybrid cloud solutions in both public and private sectors in Southeast Asia region, including Indonesia.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd in the acquisition PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, and PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE company group is one of the most productive Indonesian gas distribution group companies, which is expanding its gas projects throughout Java.
- Counsel to Japanese trading company in in relation to USD18,000,000 secured committed term collateral loan facility to a mining group company in Indonesia, including the creation of various Indonesian security documents.
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of of DeClout Limited, an Indonesian company engaging in provision of service of equipment and infrastructure of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) and fibre optic system, in its financing and acquisition process of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services provider in Indonesia.
- Advising one of Japan’s largest banking institutions, in relation to the proposed provisions of perpetual (non-cumulative) subordinated loan to its Indonesian banking subsidiary for the purpose of increasing the subsidiary’s core capital.
- Advising a leading Japanese telecommunication and a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company on various Indonesian law’s regulatory framework related to its proposed investment in various digital payment and finance sectors in Indonesia, including among others, mobile payment and Q&R code based payment services, online loyalty point related services, digital banking and financing, small loan online services, digital consumer finance (including buy now pay later (BNPL) arrangement), and digital insurance.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment.
- Andhika Indrapraja/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Corporate Governance 2020, International Comparative Legal Group, 2020.
- Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo/Raditya Pratamandika Putra, Banking Regulation 2020, Getting The Deal Through, 2020.
- Sinta Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Indonesia: Corporate Governance, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Banking Regulation, Getting The Deal Through, 2019.