Alan Sylvester Chandra graduated cum laude from the Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada, in 2018. During his university years, he was actively involved in student organizations and participated in a number of competitions. In 2016, he and his team won 1st place in the National Contract Drafting Competition, held by Universitas Padjajaran.
Alan Sylvester Chandra has passed the Indonesian Bar Exam administered by the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI).
Since joining Walalangi & Partners, he has been involved in a number of M&A transactions and general corporate matters, in which he has comprehensive knowledge.
- Counsel to Saint Gobain Group (SGN), in preparing and negotiating various transaction documents for the installation and the operational and maintenance of solar rooftop power generation facilities at 4 warehouses (with the total capacity more than 580 kWp). The project manifests SGN’s strong commitment and effort to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in strategic partnership to develop 51 hectares township and transit-oriented development (TOD) in Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, Indonesia, that will be developed into a township made up of gated cluster landed homes, retail and F&B outlets, feature apartments, retail and commercial spaces integrated with a bus interchange and future rail station.
- Advising a Japanese leading logistics company in the restructuring of its numerous Indonesian logistic subsidiaries engage in freight forwarding services, bonded logistic centre and storage and other storage business. The transaction involves various and complex corporate actions including merger and transfer of business between the group companies and compliance of various regulatory requirements.
- Counsel to a leading Singapore real estate company in their more than 300 hectares new greenfield township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency, with one of most reputable Indonesian real estate group of companies.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
Seminar and Publications:
- Luky I. Walalangi/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Rendi Prahara Septiawedi/Yuki Tresnaningtyas/Alan Sylvester Chandra: Practice Area Overview: Corporate/M&A 2023, Chambers Global Guide, 2023.