Mr. Alan Sylvester Chandra graduated from Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada with cum laude predicate in 2018. While completing his study, he involved and was active in student organizations and participated in number of competitions. In 2016, he and his team won the 1st Place in the National Contract Drafting Competition that was held by Universitas Padjajaran and was regarded as the Best Contract. He has passed Indonesian Bar Exam administered by Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI).
Since joining Walalangi & Partners, he has been involved in a number of M&A Transactions and general corporate matters and have excellent knowledge on the matters.
- Counsel to one of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market. The expansion would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to one of the leading logistics companies in Japan, in the restructuring of its Indonesian subsidiaries to maximize the synergy effects within its group and to optimize its position in Indonesian market. The Client provides services both domestically and globally and is listed as a large-sized company on the First Section of the Tokyo Exchange. As of 2020, it operates through its 325 offices in Japan and 436 offices in 29 countries across the Americas, Europe, East Asia, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users (spanning over 180 countries) and revenue of US$589 million only for January – September 2020, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
This is the first-of-its-kind integrated TODs in Indonesia that includes master planning in a post-pandemic world, and adoption of smart and sustainable technological solutions and to support the Indonesian government’s focus on infrastructure development in Jakarta, including development of railway stations, which will result in better connectivity for commuters and residents. Mitbana leverages MC’s global experience in real estate developments including integrated developments and technology implementation in diversified industry as well as SJ’s technical capabilities in master planning, urban, residential and industrial development.