Walalangi & Partners (W&P) is a corporate law firm and is highly praised by its clients for its swift responsiveness, thorough analysis, as well as comprehensive and out-of-the-box legal and practical solutions and advice.
W&P (and its lawyers) are continuously ranked by Chambers & Partners in corporate/M&A, real estate, competition/antitrust and fintech, and by The Legal500 Asia Pacific in corporate and M&A, real estate and restructuring & insolvency.
IFLR1000 continuously ranks W&P in M&A, banking, capital market, project development, and restructuring & insolvency.
Asialaw Profiles places W&P as Recommended Firm in banking & finance, corporate & M&A, real estate, industrial & manufacturing, TMT, energy and restructuring & insolvency.
W&P was named Real Estate, Competition & Antitrust and Structured Finance & Securitization Law Firm by Asia Business Law Journal.
W&P was awarded Indonesia Construction and Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, Indonesia Equity Market Deal of the Year and M&A Deal of the Year at the Indonesia Law Awards by Asian Legal Business.
Hukumonline categorizes W&P as one of the Top 30 Indonesian Corporate Law Firms for 4 consecutive years.
On a personal level, our managing partner, Mr. Luky Immanuel Walalangi, is ranked by Chambers & Partners in corporate/M&A and fintech. Chambers & Partners recognizes Mr. Walalangi to be a very professional Indonesian counsel who provides sophisticated legal and practical advice. He was named the Indonesian Lawyer of the Year 2020 at the Asialaw Awards 2020, one of 15 M&A Lawyers Across 9 Countries in Asia and one of Super 50 TMT Lawyers in Asia by Asian Legal Business. In addition, he is ranked by IFLR1000 as Leading Lawyer and recognized by Asia Business Law Journal in the A-List of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers for several years in a row.
Chambers & Partners, The Legal500, Asialaw and IFLR1000 quote the following praises from W&P’s clients:
- “Walalangi & Partners provides sophisticated advice.”
- “Walalangi & Partners do very well in complicated matters. They are speedy and accurate.”
- “Walalangi & Partners is a well established firm with young and dynamic lawyers growing into some sectors and competition is one of them.”
- "One of the best Corporate Indonesian firms. Quality is standout among other Indonesian law firms. Very Client oriented, provides tailored solutions and has a fast turnaround."
- “Walalangi & Partners is a strong firm that has very good commercial awareness, able to tackle complex issues, good at delivering to budget and providing value for money, has strong depth and breadth, and is responsive to clients.”
- “Walalangi & Partners is one of the best Indonesian firms. The team has a clear understanding of the space and can present a wide range of solutions when faced with issues. It has a very strong ability to handle sophisticated work.”
- “Extremely competent and responsive, a true-blue boutique that punches above its weight and gives the bigger more established firms a run for their money.”
- "Walalangi & Partners maintains the quality and responsiveness of a top-level international law firm.”
- “Puts a lot of personal attention in every matter. Also very commercial and prepared to accommodate out of scope requests from instructing counsel. Their hunger and drive are the main attributes that have enabled this firm to achieve its boutique standing in such a short time.”
- " Their advice is highly competent and commercial, exactly what you would expect from a highly regarded firm. The quality of legal service and support is better than what you can probably get from larger Indonesian firms with a longer track record."
- Advising a sectoral foreign government agency in various aspects of Antitrust Law in Indonesia, including in relation to merger report for assets transfer, mergers, consolidations, and/or acquisitions, and dominant position rules under the Indonesian Antitrust law.
- Advising a leading Ireland and US based file hosting and cloud storage service provider company in the anti-trust analysis of their multichannel distributorship in multiple jurisdictions, including Indonesian market. The project was to support the Client’s commitment and uncompromised principle for the regulatory compliant and sustainable business operation across-jurisdictions.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company, Limited (MUL), one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its Indonesian post-merger report related matter with Hitachi Capital Corporation (HC), a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and oversea. The merger is calculated at USD 2.8 billion and considered as one of the biggest merger deals, which results in the combined company’s annual sales amounting to USD 13.3 billion, assets worth about USD 95 billion, and almost 10,000 employees. The merger places the merged company Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc amongst the top global players in the leasing business, with the focus of business areas covering Japan, Europe, the Americas, Greater China (China and Hong Kong), and Asia and Oceania. Through the merger, MUL and HC aim to build and maximize an ideal and mutual complementary relationship to establish an extensive, comprehensive, and highly competitive line-up of businesses and achieve diversification in their respective portfolios, including business domains and geographical areas.
- Counsel to a French group company in its analysis of mandatory post-acquisition report to the Indonesian Business Competition Supervisory Commission – Komisi Pengawas Persaingan Usaha in relation to its complex multi-layers Foreign to Foreign (offshore) acquisitions by another European group company having sales presence in Indonesia.
- Advising and supporting multinational manufacturing companies, in relation to their investigation relating to anti-dumping investigation in Indonesia as a surrogate country on certain goods imported to Japan from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of Korea.
- Counsel to the pioneered Japanese compressors manufacturing business for over 116 years, with total capital of JPY250,9 billion as of 2020, in structuring its proposed distributorship arrangement in Indonesia as to manage its compliance risks, including the Antitrust regulations.
- Advising a Japanese manufacturing company on various antitrust law matters, in relation to its establishment of JV, marketing, territorial division as well as guidelines on the exchange of information. This is to support the Client’s effort in creating sustainable business and commitment for compliance in Indonesia, particularly the Antitrust regulations
- Advising a Japanese trading company on vertical integration and non-competition strategy policy to manage the risks of Antitrust regulations.
- Counsel to numerous foreign companies from various industries in their mandatory post-acquisition filing to the Indonesian Business Competition Supervisory Commission – Komisi Pengawas Persaingan Usaha
- Advising one of Japan’s largest banking institutions, in relation to the proposed provisions of perpetual (non-cumulative) subordinated loan to its Indonesian banking subsidiary for the purpose of increasing the subsidiary’s core capital.
- Counsel to an Indonesian company whose business focuses to provide an online platform to facilitate sale and purchase of used cars - in relation to (i) the proposed cooperation with a partner national bank to provide car financing facilities to the company’s customers, and (ii) the transfer and assignment of the financing portfolio by the partner national bank to an affiliate of the company engaging in multi finance. W&P assists the Client on the legal structure of the proposed cooperation and the transfer and assignment of the financing portfolio, as well as transaction documents preparation.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market,and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm's business to used vehicles. This is Orico's third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company, Limited (MUL), one of the biggest leasing and financing companies in the world, on its Indonesian merger related matter with Hitachi Capital Corporation (HC), a Japan-based company engaged in leasing and financing services business in Japan and overseas. Through the merger, MUL and HC aim to build and maximize an ideal and mutual complementary relationship to establish an extensive, comprehensive and highly competitive line-up of businesses, and achieve diversification in their respective portfolios, including business domains and geographical areas.
- Counsel to Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistic and distribution companies, involving multi layers acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR1,100 billion Syariah Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR7 trillion (US$550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian bank.
- Counsel to Bank Rakyat Indonesia for the acquisition of majority stakes of a Multi-finance company from a Japanese bank.
- Counsel to Mitsui and Co Ltd. in structuring and internal restructuring of PT BAF with an Indonesian conglomerate group.
- Counsel to a European insurance company in relation to the acquisition of an existing Insurance company.
- Counsel to a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company in structuring its proposed direct and indirect investment of an Indonesian publicly listed company, including sophisticated and complex multilayer corporate actions of pre-emptive rights transfer and subscription of new shares.
- Counsel to Tokyo Gas Asia Pte. Ltd, a wholly-owned Singaporean subsidiary of Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd., in the acquisition of PT Super Energy Tbk (SE), a publicly-listed Indonesian company, PT Energy Mina Abadi, PT Gasuma Federal Indonesia and PT Bahtera Abadi Gas. SE Group’s plans to pursue reductions of CO2 emissions in the country are consistent with Tokyo Gas Group’s management strong vision of "Compass 2030", which envisages the expansion and diversification of its global businesses and the realization of a net zero CO2 emission society; hence attracts Tokyo Gas to leverage its cutting edge technology and expertise in the domestic LNG value chain, particularly to support and to facilitate Indonesia’s goal to penetrate clean energy throughout the country. This is the fifth global investment of Tokyo Gas.
- Counsel to Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer
- Counsel to a leading Japanese IT Corporate group, with 60 IT group companies, in the subscription/purchase of more than IDR 500 billion convertible bonds issued by PT Anabatic Technologies Tbk, a publicly listed company and one of the leading Indonesian IT service providers.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in its strategic investment and funding in Axiata Digital's digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Advising an Indonesian local bank PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR 7 trillion (USD 550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian publicly listed bank.
- Counsel to Indonesian subsidiary of a leading Japanese steel distributor company, in relation to crisis management matters following whistleblowing reports by its employees and former employee, including to assist the Indonesian subsidiary in interviewing the whistle-blower, collecting and analysing the submitted evidence; and to advise the client of risks management, compliance issue and available legal remedies.
- Advising a Japanese Oil Company’s Representative Office in its employment termination dispute matter.
- Advising a Hong Kong based telecommunications company having the world’s largest wholly owned subsea fibre backbone and a Tier-1 IP network with connectivity to 190+ countries and territories around the world, on its employment termination issues and hiring employee through local PEO (Professional Employer Organization).
- Advising a global specialty chemicals company, on the retention period of HR related documents, which helps the company to manage its day to day operation with full observation to various Indonesian regulations.
- Advising a global multi-technology group companies, in preparing the Environment, Health & Safety Guidelines for its Indonesian subsidiaries, to support its effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations and promoting a health and safety working environment.
- Counsel to a Japanese corporation in its internal legal audit and data forensic of its Indonesian subsidiary in relation to embezzlement allegation against one of its employees, focusing on the legal measures and avenues available for the Client.
- Counsel to a Japanese leading pharmaceuticals manufacturing company in legal audit and investigation of its Indonesian subsidiary relating to compliance issues and alleged embezzlement by certain employees, focusing on risk management by the Client.
- Advising an international insurtech company , on its various employment related matters, including preparation of the mutual separation agreement and notice of employment termination, and preparation of Indonesian subsidiary’s company regulation. This is to support the Client’s effort and commitment to ensure compliance with the manpower regulations following major changes brought by the Omnibus Law and its implementing regulations.
- Advising Indonesian subsidiary of a world leader in engineered polymer solutions based in Sweden, in the preparation of its company regulation and its ratification process with the regional manpower office.
- Advising a primary provider of natural gas to the main cities of Japan on the implementation of its group companies’ global whistle-blowing system throughout multiple jurisdictions around the world, including Indonesia, which legal analysis covers scope of whistleblowing, anonymous report, contact routing system, counter-measures as well as Indonesian personal data protection.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest parts and systems provider, in relation to compliance of anti-bribery issues, including in preparation of guideline to all employees to ensure the compliance of the regulation.
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of of DeClout Limited, in its acquisition of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services providers in Indonesia. This is a pivotal step for DHOST in expanding its indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets management portfolio across Indonesia and at the same time this will in turn help XL and other telecommunications network and services providers to deliver stable and reliable telecommunications networks across numerous buildings in Indonesia, using DHOST’s unique and cutting edge technologies system.
- Counsel to a Singapore based boutique finance firm, in structuring various contractual arrangements for the sale and purchase of coal purchase option and coal commodity from Indonesian group of companies engaging business in coal mining and trading, including optimizing the legal and commercial structure and the payment structure arrangement, to maximize protection for the client’s interest and ensuring the compliance of all transaction agreements with Indonesian laws and regulation.
- Counsel to Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd and Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their more than $ 300,000,000 secured loan for urban development projects in Indonesia.
- Counsel to one of the biggest trading Japanese companies in its USD 36 million secured committed term collateral loan facility to an Indonesian mining group company, including the structuring and creation of various Indonesian security documents.
- Counsel to one of the biggest Japanese banks on the intra-group financing and restructuring of its Indonesian licensed multi-finance company, followed by divestment to another foreign investor that involve structuring of complex and sophisticated financing and fundraising structures, including transfer of existing financing account receivables.
- Counsel to a Japanese corporation in its subscription/purchase of convertible bonds of PT Anabatic Technologies Tbk with total of more than IDR 500 billion.
- Counsel to one of the biggest trading Japanese companies in its financing relating to export-import of steel products facilities arrangement with an affiliated company of an Indonesian State Owned Company.
- Counsel to word-leading steel manufacturing companies on their investment in an existing Indonesian foreign investment subsidiary of a notable South Asia automotive and manufacturing company, engaging in special work of metals and metal-based goods and industry of transformator.
- Counsel to of world’s leading manufacturers of automotive and motorcycle batteries, on the restructuring and expansion of its Indonesian subsidiary’s automobiles lead-acid batteries distribution business, which aim to maximize the synergy effects and its position in Indonesian market, which would allow the Client to strengthen its supply chain for fuel-efficient and eco-friendly technologies for cars and motorcycles.
- Counsel to Japan’s Nippon Steel Corporation, in the USD 7 billion joint acquisition of Indian carbon steel manufacturer Essar Steel India Limited. Essar Steel owns PT Essar Indonesia and is one of the largest major steel manufacturing companies with fully integrated steelworks and extensive domestic sales channels in India. The deal resulted in Nippon Steel Corporation and ArcelorMittal SA taking control of the 10 million ton-per-year Essar Steel plant, marking the first participation of global steel majors in the fast-growing Indian steel market without a local partner. The acquisition of Essar Steel is an important strategic step for Nippon Steel Corporation because India has long been identified as an attractive market for the client.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its IDR1,262 billion or approximately ¥9.5 billion acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group)
- Counsel to and advising Showa Denko on the structuring and successful divestment from PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina (ICA), a company established in 2007, with a capital of US$188,500,000 and annual production of 300,000 ton of chemical grade alumina (CGA) resulting to annual sales of US$ 200 million.
- Counsel to Japan Bike Auction Company Ltd., a leading Japanese motorcycle online auction company headquartered in Yokohama, in its successful divestment from PT JBA Indonesia, a pioneer and major player in Indonesian automotive auction market with more than 16 branches and 18 hubs operating across Indonesia.
- Counsel to Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer.
- Advising a Japanese leading logistics company in the restructuring of its numerous Indonesian logistic subsidiaries engage in freight forwarding services, bonded logistic centre and storage and other storage business. The transaction involves various and complex corporate actions including merger and transfer of business between the group companies and compliance of various regulatory requirements.
- Counsel to one of the leading logistics companies in Japan, in the restructuring of its Indonesian subsidiaries to maximize the synergy effects within its group and to optimize its position in Indonesian market . The Client provides services both domestically and globally and is listed as a large-sized company on the First Section of the Tokyo Exchange and operates through its 325 offices in Japan and 436 offices in 29 countries across the Americas, Europe, East Asia, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in their JV of a logistic (freight forwarding) company in Indonesia with its Indonesian counterpart.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in its US$200 million investments in logistic and warehouse business.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in the proposed investment plan in an existing local logistic company in Surabaya, East Java.
- Advising a logistic Japanese company in its proposed investment of a storage site in Batam for storing and maintenance of cranes and special trailers.
- Counsel to a Japanese company in its proposed investment in a joint venture company for construction services.
- Counsel to a leading Singapore real estate company in their more than 300 hectares new greenfield township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency, with one of most reputable Indonesian real estate group of companies. W&P’s assistance includes an investigation to the project land which focuses on facts finding of location of land area, historical ownership, designation of land area, existing dispute, land contour, environmental and natural disaster, to help the client assessing and managing all relevant risks for the development project.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and its Indonesian subsidiary PT Diamond Development Indonesia (DDI) in their new urban integrated township project with an estimated gross development value (GDV) of IDR 9 trillion (approx. USD 630 million) in SHILA at Sawangan, a 102-hectare township in Depok, West Java, Indonesia. To implement the project, MC and DDI have formed a significant partnership with a leading Indonesian real property developer listed in IDX, PT Pakuan Tbk.
The development project comprises premium landed housing clusters integrated with a range of facilities, such as a golf course, commercial facilities, dining pods, the X-Change, and other supporting innovative public facilities. It is constructed right next to the under-construction circular JORR2 Toll Road, providing the residents with more convenient connectivity to Jakarta, Tangerang, and the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. This is the second development project between MC and Vasanta Group (following their successful project of the Vasanta Innopark in Bekasi Regency, West Java, in 2019), reflecting the full and continuing commitment of the parties to provide the highest quality landed properties in the best locations.
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
- Counsel to one of the biggest trading Japanese companies in its total IDR 500 billion restructuring and divestment, which include capital reduction and shares transfer with a value of nearly IDR 60 billion, in relation to its joint venture with one of the largest Indonesian conglomerate groups and real property leaders.
- Assisting an Indonesian subsidiary of one of the biggest trading companies in preparing a turnkey construction contract to implement its plan to build a premise upon an approximately 2,400 sqm land located in the most prestigious area of Central Jakarta, with contract value of more than 70 billion Rupiah, including advising and structuring to construction to mitigate potential risks and issues in general construction and intellectual property matters.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its real property and urban development in a prestigious South Jakarta area Fatmawati with a leading Indonesian property developer, with the total project area of 3,300 m2.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its superblock urban development project of more than US$350 million, located in 12 Ha area of Vasanta InnoPark, Bekasi regency, West Java Indonesia. As a whole, Vasanta InnoPark plans to construct 17 high-rise buildings, including apartments, commercial facilities, office buildings, and hotels and it is situated in a very strategic location for connecting to airports, ports, and industrial parks.
- Counsel to Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, in their more than $300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in south Jakarta, Dharmawangsa area.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million, which is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Counsel to one of the biggest industrial estate companies in Indonesia, on the industrial estate’s land usage ratio regulatory requirements and legal solution for the excess of its industrial estate’s land usage ratio between its industrial estate business licenses and the approved block plan.
- Counsel to Leopalace21 Singapore Pte. Ltd on the development of residential apartment tower project in Bekasi, Greater Jakarta area, with one leading Indonesian real property company The MAJ Group and PT Central Graha Sejahtera, aiming at mid-level young families and millennials.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its 19 hectares satellite township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency (of 1,000 units of landed houses and shophouses), with a total investment commitment of up to approximately ¥10 billion with Sinarmas group.
- Counsel to subsidiaries of a Japanese trading company in its investments in subsidiaries engaging in various services in Indonesia.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company’s subsidiaries in their investment in O&M power plant company.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in acquisition of holding company with an Indonesian subsidiary in medical equipment services.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its investment in their medical laboratories business in Indonesia.
- Counsel to a Japanese conveyor belt company in an assets acquisition from and establishment of a joint venture company.
- Advising Roblox Corporation, one of the most rapid growing companies based in based in San Mateo, California, providing global gaming and social media platform, in its successful registration as a Foreign ESO with the Indonesian Ministry of Communication and Information.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation and Sinar Mas Land on the inauguration of the PoC of Indonesia’s first autonomous electric vehicle at Q-Big BSD City, using first intelligent transportation system of French-made shuttle bus Navya Arma. The 15-passenger self-driving electric vehicle has a battery capacity of 33 kWh and is equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) and Light Radar (LIDAR) sensor. This goes in parallel with the vision of G20, i.e., to go towards smart green cities, more low-carbon mobility, and less traffic congestion. Mitsubishi Corporation and Sinar Mas Land are pioneering the use of digital technology to cater to smart city features, and have been putting constant effort to embed digital technology to leverage the quality of life, as well as boost the social economy sector. The technology-based facilities are intended to support their integrated Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD, South Tangerang, which are by far the biggest (and first-of-its-kind) smart and sustainable TOD project in Indonesia.
- Advising a leading Japanese telecommunication and a Japanese Fortune Global 500 company on various Indonesian law’s regulatory framework related to its proposed investment in various digital payment and finance sectors in Indonesia, including among others, mobile payment and Q&R code based payment services, online loyalty point related services, digital banking and financing, small loan online services, digital consumer finance (including buy now pay later (BNPL) arrangement), and digital insurance.
- Advising an emerging Indonesian marketplace platform start-up that facilitates small-medium size enterprises in selling their products online and help them with bookkeeping - in relation to (i) analysis and legal constructing of its data collection and storage, payment initiation, administration and verification of source of fund, e-money issuance, (ii) structuring its existing business activities and key licensing requirements, (iii) structuring its payment services provider (PSP) license, scope of activities, shareholding and voting for foreign shareholders and capitalization and (iv) analysis on its share acquisitions plan of PSP companies.
- Advising an Indonesian start-up company engaging in digital commercial platform services, on its suspended banking service matter, and providing legal analysis on various avenues that are available to the company to deal with the issues, including when negotiating with the bank.
- Advising a Japanese-affiliated company on Indonesian law aspects in relation to its proposed establishment and development of internet-based platform to be used for holding cross-border e-sport tournaments, particularly, with respect to its proposed business model and payment arrangements, including the use of digital currency, such as cryptocurrency, and limitations on its use, as well as advising on compliance issues, including, personal data protection rules, creditworthiness scoring activities under OJK regulations, and obligations of an electronic system operator.
- Counsel to PT Dhost Telekomunikasi Nusantara, a wholly owned Indonesian subsidiary of DeClout Limited, on its acquisition of indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets from PT XL Axiata Tbk, one of the largest cellular telecommunications networks and services providers in Indonesia. This is a pivotal step for DHOST in expanding its indoor telecommunication infrastructure assets management portfolio across Indonesia and at the same time this will in turn help XL and other telecommunications network and services providers to deliver stable and reliable telecommunications networks across numerous buildings in Indonesia, using DHOST’s unique and cutting edge technologies system.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek's expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Counsel to Cool Japan Fund in its first USD 50 million multi-layer funding to GO-JEK, which will go toward Go-Jek's video and music streaming service for mobile users and hopes to tap the popularity of Japanese anime and horror movies in Indonesia. The funding will help bring existing programs to Go-Jek's service and work with the startup to produce original Japan-related content locally and the investment also will help Japanese restaurants in Indonesia set up shop at Go-Jek's Go-Food Festival locations.
- Counsel to a Japanese trading company in its strategic investment and funding in Axiata Digital's digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Advising one of the most rapid growing technology and game companies based in the US, with approximately 36.2 million daily users (spanning over 180 countries) and revenue of US$589 million only for January – September 2020, on various Indonesian regulatory matters to include gaming regulations, gaming applications rating, registration requirements, content requirements and restrictions as well as personal data protection.
- Advising a leading Japanese video game developer and publisher listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (CCOEF) with headquarter in Osaka, on Indonesian regulatory matters relating to progressive business model development plan, including online games offerings, digital currency and payments, loot box features, business and games rating registration requirements, consumer protection, and personal data privacy rules.
- Advising a railway Japanese company in its proposed E-money distribution in Indonesia. The smart transit card has enabled Japanese consumers to use electronic money (or e-money) to pay for train fares since 2001.
- Advising one of the largest Japanese trading companies on various Indonesian regulatory matters in relation to smart urban facilities development, wireless charging stations and the utilization of artificial intelligence equipment for the enhancement of digital marketing of commercial tenants.
- Advising one of the biggest gas companies in the world on its Indonesian personal data protection as well as data transfer outside Indonesia in relation to the implementation of its global whistle-blowing system for its affiliated offices throughout multiple jurisdictions around the world.
- Advising a Japanese corporation on its various Indonesian regulatory issues of sport platform, e-game tournament, money prize structure, live-streaming arrangement, cryptocurrency and payment mechanism, electronic system registration requirements as well as personal data privacy rules relating to e-Sports events in multiple jurisdictions, including Indonesia.
- Counsel to one of the biggest Japanese trading companies in its acquisition of an Indonesian company providing supporting services of electronic payment processing system for business-to-business (B2B) which connects micro, small and medium business enterprises to the digital payment and supply chain platform facilities.
- Counsel to Itochu Corporation in its acquisition of a pier-to pier (P2P) lending company.
- Advising an emerging Indonesian start-up company in relation to its queries on consumer loyalty program, including analysis on relevant requirements and restrictions under Indonesian laws.
Pacific Century Place, 19th floor, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav 52-53, SCBD Lot 10, Senayan, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta 12190
Tel +62 21 5080 8600
Fax +62 21 5080 8601