Ms. Venny Iswanto has law degree and completed her notarial law programme from University Pelita Harapan University (UPH), where she obtained cum laude predicate for both degrees. During her university years, she represented the University in various legal debate competitions and served as a President of Student Senate of Faculty of Law UPH.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Ms. Venny Iswanto worked for more than five years with one of the biggest law firms in Jakarta. Ms. Venny Iswanto is responsible for transaction and advisory work, including involved in negotiation process and in dealing with government authorities, such as Indonesian Competition Authority (KPPU) and Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM).
During her professional career, Ms. Venny Iswanto has been involved in various notable projects and advisory assignments involving major multi-national companies, Indonesian state-owned enterprises, as well the Indonesian government, predominantly in the areas of infrastructure and antitrust matters. Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are, to name a few:
- Acting for a state-owned public railways operator in Indonesia in the issuance of IDR 2 trillion bonds.
- Counsel to a Hong Kong Company in an indirect acquisition of an Indonesian infrastructure company, with business areas covering toll roads, water, port, as well as energy and telecommunications activities.
- Assisting lenders in a project finance transaction pertaining to geothermal power plant project in Indonesia.
- Acting for one of the largest multinational cement manufacturer for conducting a competition review within its group company in Indonesia, for assessing the competition law risks.
- Advising a Japanese manufacturing company on various antitrust law matters, in relation to its establishment of JV, marketing as well as internal guidelines.
Publications and Seminar
- Arranger and member of “Analytical review of Indonesian Regulations on Merger, Acquisition and Consolidation”, held by the most prestigious Indonesian law online journal Hukumonline in 2018.
- Fiesta Victoria/T. Anggra Syah Reza/Venny Iswanto, Corporate Governance 2018, The International Comparative Legal Guide, 2018.