Before joining W&P, Mr. Taufan Febrianto worked as an associate at a UK-affiliated law firm in Jakarta, where he was highly praised by his clients for his expertise on joint ventures, M&A, foreign direct investments, shipping, energy & natural resources, and dispute resolution matters.
His noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Represented a Shanghai-based ship owner, a technical manager, and a ship master in a multi-trillion Rupiah lawsuit of a marine casualty in Indonesian waters.
- Counsel to a China’s largest nickel miner group company in the establishment of a Mineral Trading & Transportation Service company in Indonesia through its subsidiary in Singapore.
- Counsel to a Hong Kong based investment company in an acquisition of 30% stake in an international boat building company specialized in building craft for military, law enforcement, SAR, commercial, and high-performance applications.
- Advised an Indonesian state-owned pharmaceutical company on the establishment of a joint venture company with a Korean blood product manufacturer in the field of blood plasma (blood product) business.
- Advised one of India’s largest power companies on its proposed acquisition of an oil and gas block in Sumatera, Indonesia.
- Advised a state-owned Indonesian credit guarantee company on its proposed spin-off of its sharia business unit.
- Advised a Singaporean based commodity company in a proposed coal import and its plan on a three-party set-off.
- Advised an Indonesian state-owned pharmaceutical company on its proposed land acquisition.
- Advised a Singaporean investment hospitality company on a hotel and apartment acquisition in Bali, Indonesia.