Mrs. Siti Kemala Nuraida obtained her law degree from Universitas Indonesia. While pursuing her law degree, she was active in several campus organizations such as the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa) and Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA) where she served as Director of Local Chapter Universitas Indonesia. She was also actively representing Universitas Indonesia’s Law Faculty in a number of national debate competitions as participant as well as adjudicator. After she graduated, she attended a six-month course in King’s College London on Financial Risk, Stability, and Regulation.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an intern in one of the most prestigious Singaporean law firms and as an associate in one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions relating to multifinance and fintech industry including:
- Acting for one of the biggest Japanese finance companies in its multi proposed acquisitions of Indonesian multi-finance companies, where she directly involved in the structuring of the acquisition’s funding;
- Acting for a Japanese finance company in an acquisition of an Indonesian multi-finance company and subsequently the merge of the target company to another Indonesian multi-finance company;
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in South Jakarta, where she advises and assists the Clients both from legal and commercial perspectives, particularly in relation to their sophisticated multi layers financing and funding structures and closely work together with them in their joint venture, land acquisition, construction and licensing matters;
- Representing lenders in a USD 512,000,000 loan relating to an ammonia plant in Sulawesi area, particularly to produce fertilizers of ammonia and other chemicals products; and
- Advises one of the biggest Japanese trading house in relation to its proposed acquisition of a P2P lending company Acting for Indonesia’s largest state-owned banks in the acquisition of majority stakes of an Indonesian multi-finance company.
Publications and Seminar:
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.