Mrs. Siti Kemala Nuraida obtained her law degree from Universitas Indonesia. While pursuing her law degree, she was active in several campus organizations such as the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa) and Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA) where she served as Director of Local Chapter Universitas Indonesia. She was actively representing Universitas Indonesia’s Law Faculty in a number of national debate competitions as participant as well as adjudicator. After she graduated, she attended a six-month course in King’s College London on Financial Risk, Stability, and Regulation.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an intern in one of the most prestigious Singaporean law firms and as an associate in one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions relating to multifinance and fintech industry including:
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
This is the first-of-its-kind integrated TODs in Indonesia that includes master planning in a post-pandemic world, and adoption of smart and sustainable technological solutions and to support the Indonesian government’s focus on infrastructure development in Jakarta, including development of railway stations, which will result in better connectivity for commuters and residents. Mitbana leverages MC’s global experience in real estate developments including integrated developments and technology implementation in diversified industry as well as SJ’s technical capabilities in master planning, urban, residential and industrial development.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) in its real property and urban development in a prestigious South Jakarta area Fatmawati with a leading Indonesian property developer, with the total project area of 3,300 m2, where the Project includes expansion of mixed-uses properties, including apartment and commercial premise and involves complex spatial allocation conversion as well as land sales and purchase.
- Counsel to Leopalace21 Singapore Pte. Ltd on the development of residential apartment tower project in Bekasi, Greater Jakarta area, with one leading Indonesian real property company The MAJ Group and PT Central Graha Sejahtera. The Project will be developed in 2 stages, the first stage in the development of1665 units and it aims mid-level young families and millennials. Massive infrastructure development has made the property in suburban area of Greater Jakarta thriving due to its attractiveness to mid-level young families.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistic and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in South Jakarta.
Publications and Seminar:
- Supporting Speaker at “Developments of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City, from January 22nd to 24th 2019, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “Indonesian Offshore Loan and Security Interests and Rapid Growth of Indonesian P2P Practices” in Singapore on November 14th, 2018, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Real Estate 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Michael Widyaputra/Friliantari Putri, 2020 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Anggarara Hamami, Banking Regulation 2020, Global Legal Insight (GLI), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Andhika Indrapraja, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.