Mrs. Siti Kemala Nuraida obtained her law degree from Universitas Indonesia. While pursuing her law degree, she was active in several campus organizations such as the Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa) and Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA) where she served as Director of Local Chapter Universitas Indonesia. She was actively representing Universitas Indonesia’s Law Faculty in a number of national debate competitions as participant as well as adjudicator. After she graduated, she attended a six-month course in King’s College London on Financial Risk, Stability, and Regulation.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an intern in one of the most prestigious Singaporean law firms and as an associate in one of the biggest law firms in Indonesia.
During her years of practice, she has been involved in numerous deals and transactions relating to multifinance and fintech industry including:
- Representing Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistic and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Acting for one of the biggest Japanese finance companies in its multi proposed acquisitions of Indonesian multi-finance companies;
- Acting for a Japanese finance company in an acquisition of an Indonesian multi-finance company and subsequently the merge of the target company to another Indonesian multi-finance company; and
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in South Jakarta.
Publications and Seminar:
- Supporting Speaker at “Developments of Indonesian Legal Markets and Indonesian Financing” at annual Legal Forum in Tokyo and Fukuoka City, from January 22nd to 24th 2019, attended by more than 60 participants from various Japanese companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Keynote Speaker at “Indonesian Offshore Loan and Security Interests and Rapid Growth of Indonesian P2P Practices” in Singapore on November 14th, 2018, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Putri Bening Larasati, Lending & Secured Finance 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Andhika Indrapraja, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida, Indonesia, Recent Key Legal Development, Asialaw Profile 2019, 2018/2019.