Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani obtained her law degree from University of Padjadjaran, where she graduated with cum laude predicate. While studying for her bachelor’s degree, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani was active in Asian Law Student Association and Moot Court Society, where she was chosen to represent her University to participate in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Hong Kong.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani worked for the biggest law firm in Indonesia. During her years of practice, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani involved in assisting domestic and foreign companies in various notable transaction and advisory work predominantly in the areas of banking and finance, merger and acquisition, mining, technology media and telecommunications (TMT) and fintech business. Due to her many great achievements in a relatively short time, she was chosen by Hukumonline as one of 11 inspiring NexGen Lawyers of 2019.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Representing Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to and advising Showa Denko on the structuring and successful divestment from PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina (ICA), a company established in 2007, with a capital of USD 188,500,000 and annual production of 300,000 ton of chemical grade alumina (GCA) resulting to annual sales of US$ 200 million. The divestment resulted in PT Aneka Tambang Tbk owning 100% of ICA’s shares.
- Representing lenders in USD 512,000,000 loan relating to an ammonia plant in a Sulawesi area, Indonesia, to a borrower to produce fertilizers of ammonia and other chemicals products.
- Acting for lenders in the various financing transaction of Indonesian mining companies, including working capital loans extended to a coal mining contractor company located in Jakarta in the amount of USD 55,000,000 and a coal transporting and selling company which is part of group of operation and production mining company located in Tapin, South Kalimantan in the amount of up to USD 12,000,000.
Publications and Seminar:
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Governance 2019, Global Legal Group (GLG), 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Fintech 2019 Edition, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.