Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani obtained her law degree from University of Padjadjaran, where she graduated with cum laude predicate. While studying for her bachelor’s degree, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani was active in Asian Law Student Association and Moot Court Society, where she was chosen to represent her University to participate in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Hong Kong.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani worked for the biggest law firm in Indonesia. During her years of practice, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani involved in assisting domestic and foreign companies in various notable transaction and advisory work predominantly in the areas of banking and finance, merger and acquisition, mining, technology media and telecommunications (TMT) and fintech business. Due to her many great achievements in a relatively short time, she was chosen by Hukumonline as one of 11 inspiring NexGen Lawyers of 2019.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
This is the first-of-its-kind integrated TODs in Indonesia that includes master planning in a post-pandemic world, and adoption of smart and sustainable technological solutions and to support the Indonesian government’s focus on infrastructure development in Jakarta, including development of railway stations, which will result in better connectivity for commuters and residents. Mitbana leverages MC’s global experience in real estate developments including integrated developments and technology implementation in diversified industry as well as SJ’s technical capabilities in master planning, urban, residential and industrial development.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to state-backed Japanese entertainment-dedicated fund, Cool Japan Fund, in its USD 50 million investment in domestic ride-hailing firm Go-Jek, which go towards Go-Jek’s video and music streaming service for mobile users where it hopes to tap the popularity of Japanese anime and horror movies in Indonesia and helps Japanese restaurants in Indonesia set up shop at Go-Jek’s Go-Food Festival locations.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its superblock urban development project of more than USD 350 million, located in 12 Ha area of Vasanta InnoPark, Bekasi regency, West java Indonesia. As a whole, Vasanta InnoPark plans to construct 17 high-rise buildings, including apartments, commercial facilities, office buildings, and hotels and it is situated in a very strategic location for connecting to airports, ports, and industrial parks.
- Counsel to Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to and advising Showa Denko on the structuring and successful divestment from PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina (ICA), a company established in 2007, with a capital of USD 188,500,000 and annual production of 300,000 ton of chemical grade alumina (GCA) resulting to annual sales of US$ 200 million. The divestment resulted in PT Aneka Tambang Tbk owning 100% of ICA’s shares.
Publications and Seminar:
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Andhika Indrapraja/Indira Setyowati, Fintech 2021, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2021.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Anggarara Hamami/Jovico Nicolaus Honanda, Fintech 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Andhika Indrapraja, Data Protection 2019, Asian Legal Business (ALB) Supplements 2019.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, NexGen Lawyers 2019, HukumOnline
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Governance 2019, Global Legal Group (GLG), 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Fintech 2019 Edition, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.