Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani obtained her law degree from University of Padjadjaran, where she graduated with cum laude predicate. While studying for her bachelor degree, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani was active in Asian Law Student Association and Moot Court Society, where she was chosen to represent her University to participate in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Hong Kong.
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani worked for the biggest law firm in Indonesia. During her years of practice, Ms. Sinta Dwi Cestakarani involved in assisting domestic and foreign companies in various notable transaction and advisory work predominantly in the areas of banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, mining and fintech business.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Representing lenders in USD 512,000,000 loan relating to an ammonia plant in a Sulawesi area, Indonesia, to a borrower to produce fertilizers of ammonia and other chemicals products.
- Acting as the Indonesian counsel of a Europe chemical industry company in the EUR 153,000,000 acquisition of a paper chemicals group company.
- Acting for lenders in the various financing transaction of Indonesian mining companies, including working capital loans extended to a coal mining contractor company located in Jakarta in the amount of USD 55,000,000 and a coal transporting and selling company which is part of group of operation and production mining company located in Tapin, South Kalimantan in the amount of up to USD 12,000,000.
- Assisting as Indonesian counsel to a Singapore based investment Company, operating as a supplier of building materials in its indirect acquisition of a group of Indonesian mining companies via a reverse takeover deal.
- Assisting as Indonesia counsel to a China state-owned gold mining company in the shares acquisition of one of the biggest Indonesian gold mining companies.
- Representing one of the largest Japanese financial services and asset management companies in its business cooperation and acquisition by way of shares subscription of a P2P Lending Indonesian company.
Publications and Seminar:
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Sinta Dwi Cestakarani, Indonesia, Pitfalls of Creditor Security in Indonesia, Global Banking & Financial Policy Review 2018/2019, IFLR Yearbooks, 2018/2019.