Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Mr. Rainer Faustine Jonathan worked as an associate in other prominent law firms in Jakarta. He was involved in the working group that handled several high-valued litigation and arbitration cases related to employment, commercial dispute and bankruptcy as well as suspension of payment and have gained tremendous experience and practical knowledge on these matters In addition, he was also highly praised by his clients when assisting them in their various M&A transactions, environmental and land acquisition as well as real property transactions.
During his years of practice, he has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following notable works:
- Representing Toyota Tsusho Corporation in its real property and phase III residential expansion, through land acquisition and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi, with a total investment value of IDR 910,000,000,000 or approximately ¥7,142 million. This is the continuation of the successful establishment and operation of the preceding AXIA Phase I and AXIA Phase II
- Acting for one of the biggest Indonesian transportation taxi companies as the defendant in Indonesian courts proceeding.
- Acting for numerous multinational companies, as either defendants or the plaintiff, in number of court proceedings relating to implementation of contracts, to name a few: sale and purchase of rubber, gas compressor rental and debt to equity swap.
- Acting for an Indonesian company in an arbitration case hearing at Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia (as respondent) relating to acquisition of chemical business.
- Acting for a reputable Indonesian company as the claimant in an ad-hoc arbitration, based on UNCITRAL rules, relating to development of coal terminal (port).
- Acting for certain multinational companies in their debt restructuring and suspension of payment against Indonesian borrowers.
- Acting for several Indonesian companies as the defendants in bankruptcy cases before the commercial court and the supreme court and acting for a German bank, as a secured creditor, in a suspension of payment and bankruptcy case.
- Acting for various and numbers of Indonesian companies, as the defendant or the plaintiff, in relation to labor dispute cases before the Indonesian industrial relations court.
Publications and Seminar
- Luky I. Walalangi/Andhika Indrapraja/Rainer Faustine Jonathan, Real Estate 2019, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019
- Miriam Andreta/Rainer Faustine Jonathan/Putri Bening Larasati, Merger Control 8th Edition, Global Legal Insight (GLI), 2019.