Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, Mr. Rainer Faustine Jonathan worked as an associate in other prominent law firms in Jakarta. He was involved in the working group that handled several high-valued litigation and arbitration cases related to employment, commercial dispute and bankruptcy as well as suspension of payment. In addition, he also assisted clients in corporate matters, among others in bond issuance, acquisition of shares and land acquisition.
During his years of practice, he has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following notable works:
- Acting for one of the biggest transporation taxi companies as the defendant in Indonesian courts proceeding relating to a tort case.
- Acting for numerous multinational companies, as either defendants or the plaintiff, in number of court proceedings relating to implementation of contacts, to name a few: sale and purchase of rubber, gas compressor rental and debt to equity swap.
- Acting for an Indonesian company in an arbitration case hearing at Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia (as respondent) relating to acquisition of chemical business.
- Acting for a reputable Indonesian company as the claimant in an ad-hoc arbitration, based on UNCITRAL rules, relating to development of coal terminal (port).
- Acting for several Indonesian companies as the defendants in bankruptcy cases before the commercial court and the supreme court and acting for a German bank, as a secured creditor, in a suspension of payment and bankruptcy case.
Acting for various and numbers of Indonesian companies, as the defendant or the plaintiff, in relation to labor dispute cases before the Indonesian industrial relations court.