Mr. Renansyah Jenie has assisted clients on various transactions of banking and finance, capital market, M&As, including assisting foreign companies in their complicated financing structures and capital market transactions and investment plans.
He has been successfully assisting and advising the clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Representing Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its investment in Gojek, as part of its ongoing Series F funding round, which together with investment of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have raised over US$1 billion investment. The new investment allows Mitsubishi to tap into Gojek’s expertise and presence in the mobility and consumer services market and at the same time enable Gojek to continue to develop new products and services to reach more people and create greater value and to invest across transport, food delivery, logistics, mobile payments, and merchant services businesses and to accelerate its market expansion across Southeast Asia.
- Advising Mitsui Co Ltd in its strategic investment in Axiata’s digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia; ADA, an independent digital marketing agency; and Apigate, an application programming interface platform company. Axiata Digital was established in 2013 and has to-date invested in 30 brands in businesses ranging from financial services to digital advertising.
- Representing Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Advising a Japanese corporation in its bond purchasing and subscription of new stocks of a Indonesian listed company.
- Advising a Japanese corporation in its share swap transaction involving a Singaporean SPV and an Indonesian listed company engaging in IT.
- Advising Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Representing and advising a well-known Japanese auction company in relation to the sale and purchase of shares in its Indonesian subsidiary with an approximate transaction value of USD 480,000,000.
- Advising a well-known German finance company on the provision of loan in the amount of USD 20,000,000 to an Indonesian multi finance company.
- Advising a well-known Japanese Finance Company on the provision of loan in the amount of USD 12,000,000 to an Indonesian coal supplier company located in Jakarta.
- Assisting a large Indonesian state-owned company in the issuance of bond in the amount of IDR 2,000,000,000,000.
- Representing a large Japanese digital platform company in the shares acquisition of a famous Indonesian digital platform company.
Publications and Seminar
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie, M&A Report 2019, IFLR1000, 2019.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie, 2019 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Governance, Global Legal Group, 2019.
- Supporting Speaker in Singapore of “Indonesian offshore loan and security interests and rapid growth of Indonesian P2P practices”, held at the Japanese Association Singapore, attended by more than 35 representatives of Japanese banks and companies in 2018.
- Researcher for the preparation of publication Indonesian Banking Regulation for Global Legal Insights (GLI) in 2018.