Before joining W&P, Ms. Ophelia Novka Kusuma Asri worked as an associate at one of the top tier law-firms in Indonesia, where she handled various general corporate, merger and acquisition, foreign investment matters, and has tremendous experience in the energy and resources sector, including certain power, oil and gas, and mining projects.
Her high-profile works include:
- Advising a foreign electricity company on a proposed development of tidal power plant in Indonesia.
- Advising an IPP company on a proposed joint venture in geothermal power operation with an Indonesian state-owned enterprise.
- Representing an underwriter in relation to the proposed initial public offering of a business trust, that owns significant business assets and operation of 2×150 coal fired power plant and 150 bio gas power plant in Indonesia, on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Assisting an Indonesian manufacturing company in relation to its domestic bonds shelf registration program.
- Assisting a foreign oil and gas company a proposed acquisition of shares and interests of upstream oil and gas companies operated in Indonesia.
- Representing foreign oil and gas companies in relation to the proposed sale of their participating interests and legal advisory on their post-operation activities.