Mr. Luky Walalangi has been assisting various foreign companies (including number of Japanese trading companies) in their complex investments and acquisitions (including assets and portfolio loans acquisitions), real property projects and corporate restructurings in Indonesia. He has also represented leading global banking and financial groups on major finance transactions, bond issuance, sophisticated fund-raising projects as well as number of major electricity projects in Indonesia.
Mr. Luky Walalangi advises on major strategic acquisitions in Indonesia in various sectors, from traditional company acquisitions to complex assets and portfolio loans acquisitions. He is considered among leading M&A and finance practitioners by the top legal surveys, and he continues to be recognized by international law journals such as IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Asialaw.
In the area of M&A, Assets Acquisition and Real Property, Mr. Walalangi has been successfully assisting and advising the clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Representing PT Bank Sahabat Sampoerna and Koperasi Sahabat Sampoerna in their proposed acquisition of aggregate IDR 7 trillion (USD 550 million) loan portfolios of approximately 80,000 small scale – medium scale loan accounts from another licensed Indonesian bank, including advising and assisting the clients in the structuring complex and sophisticated financing and fundraising structures and the subsequent plan to service of the proposed portfolio loans.
- Representing Tokyo Tatemono Co Ltd & Tokyo Tatemono Asia Pte Ltd, one of the biggest Japanese real property companies, in their proposed of more than $ 300,000,000 urban development projects in Indonesia, specifically on the development of certain prominent office and residential towers in the most prestigious area in south Jakarta, where he advises and assists the Clients both from legal and commercial perspectives, particularly in relation to their sophisticated multi layers financing and funding structures and closely work together with them in their joint venture, land acquisition, construction and licensing matters.
- Acting for Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation and Osaka Steel corporation in their total of more than USD 500 million investments and land purchase in Indonesia and development of steel manufacturing companies and marketing companies.
- Representing one of the biggest Japanese paper companies in its proposed acquisition of paper/tissue rolls/ manufacturing and distribution companies in Indonesia, owned by a prestigious Indonesian media company.
- Representing Mitsui Co Ltd and Fujimori Kogyo in the ¥7 billion in the acquisition of PT Kingsford Holdings (“Kingsford”), which owns 79.42% of PT Champion Indonesia Shares Tbk as well as 3 operating manufacturing companies of packaging business, including in the subsequent Mandatory Tender Offer where Kingsford made a tender offer for 20.58% of PT Champion Indonesia shares owned byminority shareholders and the capital infusion implemented by Mitsui and Fujimori Kogyo and merger notification to KPPU.
- Acting for one of the biggest Japanese real property companies in its joint venture investment, land acquisition, constructions as well as finance structuring to develop apartment tower and office tower in 2 prestigious areas in Jakarta.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company its 19 hectares satellite township mixed-use development project in Tangerang Regency (of 1,000 units of landed houses and shophouses), with a total investment of up to approximately 10 billion JPY.
- Acting for one of the biggest paint companies in japan in a business acquisition, assets and employees transfer and acquisition of company of one of the biggest Indonesian paint companies.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company in its internal restructuring of its multi-finance company, by issuance and subscription of new shares to a Lippo Group’s affiliated company (singled out as the best deal of the year by Asialaw Profile 2015).
- Acting for various international finance corporations in number of acquisitions and/or divestment of number of Indonesian multi finance companies.
Publications and Seminar:
- Key Note Speaker at “Analytical review of Indonesian Regulations on Merger, Acquisition and Consolidation”, held by the most prestigious Indonesian law online journal Hukumonline in 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria, Indonesia, Mergers and Acquisitions Report, International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Banking Regulation, Global Legal Insight (gli), 2018.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta/Fiesta Victoria/T.Anggra Syah Reza, The Real Estate Law Review, Fifth Edition, 2016.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Merger Control Survey 2017, International Financial Review, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi, General Overview of Security Interests Under Indonesian Law in Project Financing, Project Finance Review, PFR Euromoney Yearbook, 2013/2014.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Eight Edition, 2017.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Seventh Edition, 2016.
- Luky I. Walalangi/Miriam Andreta, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Sixth Edition, 2015.
- Luky I. Walalangi, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Fifth Edition, 2014.
- Luky I. Walalangi, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Fourth Edition, 2013.
- Luky I. Walalangi, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Third Edition, 2012.
- Luky I. Walalangi, Indonesian Merger Control, Merger Control Review, Second Edition, 2011.
- Luky I. Walalangi, General Overview of Security Interests Under Indonesian Law in Project Financing Project Finance Review, PFY Euromoney Yearbook, 2010/2011.
- Luky I. Walalangi, Power in Indonesia Faces an Increasing Demand for an Insufficient Supply Power and Energy Finance Review, PFR Euromoney Yearbook, 2008/2009.