He has many experiences and has been trusted by many clients in general corporate, investment, financial technology (peer to peer lending – P2P), telecommunication, pharmaceutical and dispute matters and has excellent knowledge of bond issuance and real property acquisition.
In Walalangi & Partners, he has been successfully assisting and advising clients in the following prestigious deals:
- Counsel to Mitbana Pte Ltd, a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Surbana Jurong (SJ), in the biggest (and first of its kind) advance smart and sustainable Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Greater Jakarta, where Mitbana forms a significant partnership with leading Indonesian property developer Sinar Mas Land. Building on BSD City’s track record, the Project is to transform hundreds of hectares of greenfield land into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities, green-park offices, digital hubs, a convention centre, a hospital, schools, railways and public transport nodes, which enlarges BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents.
This is the first-of-its-kind integrated TODs in Indonesia that includes master planning in a post-pandemic world, and adoption of smart and sustainable technological solutions and to support the Indonesian government’s focus on infrastructure development in Jakarta, including development of railway stations, which will result in better connectivity for commuters and residents. Mitbana leverages MC’s global experience in real estate developments including integrated developments and technology implementation in diversified industry as well as SJ’s technical capabilities in master planning, urban, residential and industrial development.
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Counsel to state-backed Japanese entertainment-dedicated fund, Cool Japan Fund, in its USD 50 million investment in domestic ride-hailing firm Go-Jek, which go towards Go-Jek’s video and music streaming service for mobile users where it hopes to tap the popularity of Japanese anime and horror movies in Indonesia and helps Japanese restaurants in Indonesia set up shop at Go-Jek’s Go-Food Festival locations.
- Counsel to Bizzy Group in its financing and internal restructuring of 9 e-commerce, logistics and distribution companies, involving acquisitions and capital reductions in various companies, including structuring of more than IDR 600 billion Mudharabah Financing to the acquirors.
- Counsel to Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT. Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios. W&P assisted the structuring of the transaction, the multi layers transfers and the preparation of all transaction documents, where the acquisition was conducted through a new JV company Indonesia of beverage package manufacture between Hokkan and DPI Group.
- Assisting Oriente Group, including PT Oriente Mas Sejahtera, a P2P company, in the preparation of its products’ transactional documents.
- Acting for Daikin Airconditioning in a lawsuit at District Court of South Jakarta.
Publications and Seminar
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Anggarara Hamami/Jovico Nicolaus Honanda, Fintech 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.