Ms. Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo obtained her law degree from Univesitas Indonesia, where she actively participated in a wide range of organizational activities, among others, the Asian Law Students Association (ALSA) and Students’ Executive Body (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa).
Prior to joining Walalangi & Partners, she worked as an associate in another prominent law firm in Indonesia where she had the privilege to be secondee to branches of American and French banks.
During her years of practice, she advises and handles numerous types of clients including offshore and onshore banks, financial institutions, non-profit organization, and private as well as public listed companies in the areas of banking and finance, infrastructure, capital market and general corporate, including in the following prestigious transactions:
- Advising Mitsui Co Ltd in its strategic investment in Axiata’s digital business, one of the largest telecom companies in Asia with some 150 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and South Asia, which businesses include Boost, an electronic wallet service in Malaysia and Indonesia; ADA, an independent digital marketing agency; and Apigate, an application programming interface platform company. Axiata Digital was established in 2013 and has to-date invested in 30 brands in businesses ranging from financial services to digital advertising.
- Representing Hokkan Holdings Corporation (Hokkan), one of the largest Japanese bottling and packaging maker companies, in its 1,262 billion Indonesian Rupiah or approximately 9.5 billion yen acquisition of beverage package manufacturing business from 7 group companies of PT Deltapack Industri (DPI group), which includes transfer and assignment of substantial DPI group’s moveable and immovable assets as well as business portfolios.
- Representing one of the biggest Japanese trading companies in its more than 47,000 sqm development of 10 towers residential project in Bekasi Regency.
- Assisting several offshore banks on their derivative transaction documents, FX agreements and other actions relating thereto along with standardization of derivative documents;
- Representing an Indonesian borrower in a more than USD 80,000,000 Term Loan Agreement, in relation to development of commercial property buildings in Jakarta, secured by security rights over land, fiducia security over receivables as well as insurance proceeds, pledge of shares, pledge of bank account and corporate guarantee;
- Representing a Singaporean bank, in a more than USD 35,000,000 Facility Letter to refinance an outstanding loan of an Indonesian borrower with one of the prominent banks in Indonesia;
- Representing various foreign companies in capital market transactions, including prepare all relevant Indonesian transaction in relation to an Initial Public Offering in Hong Kong and representing an investment manager on the establishment of a Reksa Dana Penyertaan Terbatas;
Publications and Seminar
- Miriam Andreta/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Banking Regulation, Getting The Deal Through, 2019.
- Sinta Cestakarani/R. Wisnu Renansyah Jenie/Femalia Indrainy Kusumowidagdo, Indonesia: Corporate Governance, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2019.