Ms. Anggarara Hamami is an experienced and outstanding lawyer, holding a bachelor of law degree with cum laude honours from the University of Indonesia, a joint masters degree in Law and Finance from the University of Oxford Faculty of Law and Said Business School, and a finance and valuation modelling certificate from Said Business School, University of Oxford.
Before joining W&P, Ms. Anggarara Hamami worked as an associate at a top tier law firm in Indonesia, where she advised private clients and government institutions in banking and corporate matters, and subsequently joining the first decacorn Indonesian tech company as a senior legal manager where she handled and supervised the company’s fundraising, M&A transactions, and strategic partnerships.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Counsel to major Japanese consumer credit supplier Orient Corp in the acquisition of a majority interest in an Indonesian finance company PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance from Mizuho Bank. Established in 1989, PT. Mizuho Balimor Finance has capital of 448 billion rupiah and receivables of around USD 190 million. The acquisition would allow Orient Corp to tap into the growing Indonesian car loan market, and will enable Orient Corp to expand its local arm’s business to used vehicles. This will be Orico’s third overseas arm following those in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Advised the Indonesian Central Bank on the mandatory migration of magnetic stripes to chip technology on debit cards.
- Representing an Indonesian petrochemical company in obtaining US$ 509,000,000 financing from a global development institution.
- Advised a leading Asian healthcare investment firm in its purchase of a stake in a major Indonesian pharmaceuticals company.
- Part of the banking regulatory reform team representing the Indonesian State-owned Banks Association. Proposed new draft of Banking Act presented to Indonesian House of Representatives.
- Provided extensive legal advisory to a major US investment bank on activities under the purview of Indonesian capital markets and banking regulations.
- Represented a multinational bank as lender on the approximately USD 76 million loan facility to a prominent Indonesian television network for intercompany transfer of assets and M&A activities.
- Assisted on consultation basis on the formation and fundraising of a Southeast-Asia based venture capital fund and several early investments of the fund.
PUBLICATIONS AND SEMINARS
- Luky I. Walalangi/Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Anggarara CP Hamami, Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 Guide: Practice Area Overview Chapter – Corporate M&A in Indonesia.
- Sinta Dwi Cestakarani/Anggarara Hamami/Jovico Nicolaus Honanda, Fintech 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Hans Adiputra Kurniawan/Anggarara Hamami/Ophelia Novka Kusuma Asri, Lending and Secured Finance 2020, The International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG), Global Legal Group, 2020.
- Miriam Andreta/Siti Kemala Nuraida/Anggarara Hamami, Banking Regulation 2020, Global Legal Insight (GLI), Global Legal Group, 2020.