Ms. Anggarara Hamami is an experienced and outstanding lawyer, holding a bachelor of law degree with cum laude honours from the University of Indonesia, a joint masters degree in Law and Finance from the University of Oxford Faculty of Law and Said Business School, and a finance and valuation modelling certificate from Said Business School, University of Oxford.
Before joining W&P, Ms. Anggarara Hamami worked as an associate at a top tier law firm in Indonesia, where she advised private clients and government institutions in banking and corporate matters, and subsequently joining the first decacorn Indonesian tech company as a senior legal manager where she handled and supervised the company’s fundraising, M&A transactions, and strategic partnerships.
Her noteworthy projects and involvements in the preceding years are including the following transactions:
- Represented Indonesia’s largest state-owned bank for its issuance of mortgage-backed securities.
- Advised the Indonesian Central Bank on the mandatory migration of magnetic stripes to chip technology on debit cards.
- Representing an Indonesian petrochemical company in obtaining US$ 509,000,000 financing from a global development institution.
- Advised a leading Asian healthcare investment firm in its purchase of a stake in a major Indonesian pharmaceuticals company.
- Part of the banking regulatory reform team representing the Indonesian State-owned Banks Association. Proposed new draft of Banking Act presented to Indonesian House of Representatives.
- Provided extensive legal advisory to a major US investment bank on activities under the purview of Indonesian capital markets and banking regulations.
- Represented a multinational bank as lender on the approximately USD 76 million loan facility to a prominent Indonesian television network for intercompany transfer of assets and M&A activities.
- Assisted on consultation basis on the formation and fundraising of a Southeast-Asia based venture capital fund and several early investments of the fund.